"I do not know," she said, looking defeated at Legolas. "It is just that... The past days have been hard. Thranduil has pressured me to stay here and learn to be a good wife for you and everyone is telling me that you are going to ask me to marry you, but no one approves, and when that orc of a girl started acting that way, I just... I just could not handle it." The words streamed out of Aspect as a river in the spring.

"Aspect I am so sorry," Legolas said, dragging her in for a hug. Aspect didn't resist. She let her tears loose, quietly. "I am so sorry you had to go through that. I did not know you felt that way."

"I just want things to be as they once were. I do not want any pressure on anything. I just want to live my life and be free," Aspect said.

"I know, and I want that for you too," Legolas said, still holding Aspect tight. Suddenly, he let the grip go, and grabbed her hand. "Here, come with me. I want to show you something."

He started walking, and Aspect followed. They went past the party, over the bridge and through the gate into Mirkwood's halls. They went through halls, past rooms and up stairs. Suddenly, Legolas opened a door - out. He let Aspect step out first, out at the balcony to one of the highest towers in Mirkwood. Aspect went over to the railing, looking at the view.

There, looking like a bug-colony, was the party. They could still hear the people yelling and having fun, but also the music. "We have the best part of the party now," Aspect said, smiling to herself. Legolas stood behind her, watching her. "No people, but we can still hear the music." Aspect closed her eyes and started swinging slow to the calm music playing from down under her. Legolas smiled.

Aspect swung around herself, now looking up at the clear night sky. "This is beautiful," she whispered. Legolas slowly came up to her, grabbing her arms carefully and holding her tight. They both looked at each other, smiling, as they swayed slowly to the music.

As the party started to calm down at the ground, Legolas and Aspect lay besides each other on the floor of the balcony while looking at the stars. Aspect yawned - she was exhausted - but her eyes were still stuck to the beautiful stars above her. "You should go to bed," Legolas carefully said with a small laugh.

"No," Aspect said, shifting position to laying on her side before she put her head on Legolas' chest. "I just want to stay like this forever," she said, closing her eyes. Legolas lay his arm around her, and started lightly playing with her hair.

"We could," Legolas said, smiling by the thought. Aspect moved so that she faced him.

"I know, and I would like that, but I do not think anyone else would approve," Aspect answered sad. Legolas put his hand on her cheek, carefully stroking it.

"You have never cared about what others think, so why should you now?," Legolas asked. "I want you to stay here with me, and that is what matters." Aspect didn't have a comeback. They ended up staring into each others eyes for a while.

Then he suddenly kissed her. His lips was soft and warm, and it almost hurt against Aspects cold ones, but she didn't stop him. She didn't drag herself away. She didn't stand up. She didn't leave him. She stayed. She grabbed his cheek, as he stroke his hand down her bare arm, slow and careful. He moved his hand down to her hip, dragging her closer.

Still, she didn't leave. She didn't run. He moved his hand from her hip, up her side and to her bare back. This time, his hand felt cold against her skin, making her jump - but he didn't let go. Even when Aspect responded with moving her hand from his cheek, he had his hand steady placed on her warm back.

Aspect removed her lips from his. Legolas opened his eyes, looking a little surprised at Aspect, but still, he had his hand on her back. Aspect faked a yawn. "I think I should go to bed," Aspect said. Legolas now let her go, jumped up at his feet and helped her up. He didn't let her hand go.

"Let me help you to your room," Legolas said, giving her a kind smile.

Due that Aspect hadn't payed attention to where they had walked earlier, she gladly thanked - though she had a feeling Legolas didn't want to leave her alone. 

They both stood outside Aspects door, looking at each other, still holding hands. "You are sure you will not be lonely?," Legolas asked careful.

"I understand where you want with this Legolas, and I really do not feel like it is the right thing to do right now," Aspect said, looking into Legolas' eyes. She didn't feel right, and it couldn't be just because of the one glass of wine.

"I just want to hold you, Aspect. Let us stay like on the balcony forever," Legolas said, stepping closer. "You even said it yourself." He grabbed her other hand, swaying it careful from side to side.

"It was nice, was it not?," Aspect said, mostly to herself. "I guess, we can in a way still be at the balcony here too." She blushed and gave him a small smile. "But if you try anything more, I will not promise that I may eat you." Aspect looked serious at Legolas. He nodded quick, with a small, relieved laughter.

Legolas softly kissed Aspect's forehead - and there they lay, Aspect in Legolas' arms - safe and sound. The whole night, they stayed just like at the balcony, in each others peaceful and good company.