c h a p t e r t w e n t y t w o

Graham grabbed my arm, and stormed over to the door. He muttered various profanities, glancing down the hallway for the lady from the office. 

"I. Am. Going. To. Kill. Her." he stated, still not letting go of my arm. I furrowed my brow, trying to tug my arm away as he quickly led me down the hallway.

 "Graham, hey, come on." Graham paid no heed to my cries of protest.

"Graham!" I tried again, and he finally turned around hastily, breathing heavily.

"What?"

"You don't even know if it's her!" I said, looking at him. 

"No, I do." I stared at him, my eyes widening in surprise.

 "I mean, I think so." he corrected himself, walking to the coach's office, who was on this way to the weight room.

 "Sir? Opal had a near brush of death, so I am going to take her from your class and make sure she's not injured." said Graham, rolling his eyes at the coach's confusion. 

"Is that what the crashing no-" the coach began, only to be cut off. 

"Yes, it was. Now, if you excuse me." Graham spat, guiding me towards the doors leading to the outdoors.

 "Graham, I'm not injured. I'm just a little..shaken up." I reasoned, trying to pry my arm away from his very, very strong grip. 

"No, you're not okay. At all." He ran his free hand through his hair, sighing. He pushed open the door, and pulled me towards a nearby bench in the courtyard. 

"Sit." he said, standing in front of me. I rolled my eyes, and sat down at the bench.

 "Where does it hurt? Are you bleeding? Are you emotionally scarred?!" I sighed, and shook my head. 

"No, Cracker! I should be asking you if you are okay! He huffed and crossed his arms.

 "I'm fine. Aside from the fact that you almost got killed 5 minutes ago! If I wasn't there, you would be dead. Gone. Completely." His voice broke, and my gaze softened. He put his hands on his hips and looked at the sky, sighing. Now calm, he turned to me. 

"Opal, there were many weights on that shelf. Many. There were five 35 pound weights on that shelf. If one of them, one of them, landed on your head? You would be gone. We really need to stop this." Graham said, trying to keep his voice calm, but failing. The event that just happened a few minutes ago finally sunk in. 

I almost died. My life almost ended.

 There was someone looking for me. They wanted me dead. 

She attempted to kill me.

My hands gripped the bench, my nails digging into the wood. I took in a deep breath, blinking rapidly.

This wasn't a joke. She wants to kill me.

I bit the inside of my cheek, toes curling. Spots appeared in my vision, blocking out the light. Graham grabbed my shoulders, staring into my wandering eyes. 

"Marshmallow? Mars? It's okay. You're fine, okay? You're fine. Nothing is here. Nothing will take you away from us. T-think about, um, happy things. Remember the time where you and I were washing dishes, and the-oh, never mind. I suck at this. Oh, how about the time when I looked like a freak with gold eyes? That was..funny? Ish..? No?"

Graham cursed, racking his brain for ideas.

"Oh! I got it. There was the time when we went to Willow's house, and Mrs. Owen thought we were together, right? And then you turned white as a sheet and denied it repeatedly?" I pushed the thoughts away, and focused on what Graham was saying. I nodded, attempting to smile. Graham smiled triumphantly, and squeezed my shoulders lightly. 

"There we go! See? Now, tell me something that you remember." I blinked, staring at the concrete, trying to convince myself that I was fine.

"W-well, there w-was the time when I got hit by the b-basketball, and then you caught me. Willow and you were fighting as usual, and then you said something f-funny." I stammered, trying to remember what he said. "What was it?" he asked, grinning. 

"S-something like, what do I do with i-injured females..?" I said, with a shaky sigh. He chuckled, looking to the ground. 

"Yep, that's it. I'm smart, as you can tell." My eyes wandered off again, and my breath picked up slightly. I'm really starting to hate these panic attacks. 

Graham's hand lightly grasped my chin, moving it back to it's original facing. "No, don't fade off on me, Mars. Focus, okay?" I nodded, looking back at him. 

"Focused." I whispered, attempting to smile a smile that wasn't forced. "Good. Now, let's get you to English." said Graham, standing up. 

"Do we have to?" I whined half-heartedly, trying to act normal even if I didn't feel the best.  He chuckled, and nodded. "Unfortunately, Mars." 

"Very unfortunate indeed, Cracker." 

He helped me up, and I stumbled, my vision blurring at first. "Careful, there." He put my arm around his shoulder, allowing me to shift some of my weight onto him.

"Thank you so much." I whispered, looking at the ground. 

"No problem. I like saving pretty girls from death all the time." 

I laughed, but thoughts swarmed in my head, replacing the dark ones. Mostly.

Did he just call me pretty?

Was it a joke?

He thinks I'm pretty! *internally screams*

"So? Do I care?" I thought, biting my lip. A part of me said yes, but the other part of me said, "No, you don't have time for this. Focus."

Gosh. I am going crazy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

THINGS ARE GETTING INTERESTING, WOO!

As usual, 

have a lovely day!

xoxoshelly