c h a p t e r t e n

We sat there in silence for a minute or two, both processing what just happened. 

"Am I crazy?" Willow shook her head.

 "Maybe it was a really, really vivid dream." 

"No, Willow. Trust me. I was not dreaming. At all."

 Willow stared into my eyes, perhaps to find a tell-tale sign of lying. I remained still, standing with my case.

"You're...telling the truth, aren't you?" I nodded, pursing my lips.

 "Well, then. You know what this means." Willow said. 

"What? Mental hospital?" Willow chuckled and waved the thought away. 

"No, no. It means that we are going to figure this out." My eyes widened. 

"Y-you believe me?!" 

"As crazy as it sounds, yes. I do. Now, lets start sorting this out before I come to my senses. So, what did that lady look like?" Willow asked, with a notebook and pen in her hand. 

"Uhm...crazy?"

 "Besides that." 

"Black, huge hair, brown eyes, really old." 

"What was she wearing?" I looked up at the ceiling, trying to recall her appearance. 

"All black. I don't know exactly what she wore, though." Willow nodded, jotting notes down on a notepad. Willow nodded in satisfaction and put the notebook down.

 "Good, this way we won't forget anything."

 "Willow, I don't know how you believe me. I barely believe myself. How did you know I'm telling the truth?" 

"Best friend instincts, of course!"

The next day, Willow and I agreed to meet during lunch at school. In the meantime, I had to go to P.E class. (Which, by the way, is my least favourite class besides English). 

 "Okay class, today is Wednesday. You know what that means! It's the Woods Run!" The entire class groaned in unison. The "Woods Run" was a 2.8 kilometre long run that went around the, big surprise here, woods.

It's terrible. And the woods are creepy.

Speaking of creepy, Graham was staring at me from across the gym. I raised an eyebrow, sending him the message, "Why are you looking at me?!"

"I need to talk to you," he mouthed. Oh. Right. I gestured to him, inviting him to come over to where I was but he shook his head. What is wrong with this kid? "Not now." he mouthed. Okay then.

Our coach let us out to the surprisingly not-rainy (is that a word?) forest and stood by a big rock. 

"Okay, you must be back here in less than 15 minutes to pass. Bonus marks if you get less than 10."

 Yeah, like that was going to happen.

 "And, go!" Everyone started running into the forest, running as fast as they could. I was never a great runner, so I was near the end of the pack. Soon enough, my coach and the school were out of sight. I looked at the sky, which was a pretty shade of blue, with few clou-

I grunted as I tripped over a tree root, nearly landing on my face as I hit the rough ground. 

"Great," I mumbled to myself. 

"Need a hand?" I looked up and jumped as I saw Graham's face right in front of mine. 

"Where did you come from?" He scratched the back of his neck and looked at a nearby stream. 

"I, um, was behind you and I saw you fall." I scoffed. 

"You are one of the fastest runners in our grade. I'm pretty sure you weren't behind me."

He ignored me as he helped me to my feet. "We should probably get you to the office," he said. 

"Thanks, but I'm fine."

 "Actually, you're not." He gestured down to my knee, which was bleeding quite badly. 

"Fine. Let's go." He offered his arm to help me walk down the bumpy path, but I turned away. 

"It's fine," I began. "I can handle myself." Of course, I proceeded to nearly trip over multiple things in the span of a few seconds. He stifled a laugh as he grabbed my arm and put it around him.

 "I get that you're a independent person and all, but I think that you need help." I sighed in defeat. "Maybe." He smiled and continued down the path. 

"Why are you so happy?" He turned to me and grinned.

 "Because, this is a perfect opportunity to talk."

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

awww <3 Longer chapter today because we have over 100 reads :D YAY! Thank you all so much :) Please share this story with your friends if you are enjoying this story, and please VOTE!! I will keep on updating even if I don't get a lot of reads but your support would encourage me even more! Who's team...er..#opagraham? #Opgra? Ahhh help me here in the comments please!

xoxoxshelly