c h a p t e r s e v e n t e e n

(I don't own that pic, along with any other pictures I use unless stated otherwise.)

After a couple of moments of staring at Graham's eyes (I know, I know...it's not what it sounds like!), Willow dropped her book on the floor in shock. Her eyes widened in disbelief, and she jumped up and frantically examined her bookshelf. 

"Gold eyes, gold eyes, um, do I have a book on eye colours?!?!" I was too worried to respond to her question, and tried to think of ways to snap Graham out of his visions. Suddenly, an idea came into mind. 

"Sorry Graham-" I mumbled. "-this is going to hurt." Then, I slapped him. He shifted slightly, and shook his head. His eyes were still gold, so I guessed that my method didn't work. At least, not entirely.

"I'm going to get a glass of water, so if it comes to that, I can splash him in the face." I said. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do! I left the room, hearing Graham mumble incoherently as I exited. When I came back, Graham was still in his dream-like state, with Willow next to him. Willow looked quite troubled, her hands fidgeting.

 "What's wrong?" Willow shook her head. "Graham said something while you were getting water. About you." Willow whispered. I froze. "W-what did he say?" Willow cleared her throat. 

"He said: 'I can't do it.'" I stopped in my tracks and blinked at Willow. 

"Do you know what he's talking about?" asked Willow. I merely shook my head, and stared at Graham. In a last attempt to wake him up before I had to splash ice water in his face, I put my hands on his shoulder and looked at him in the eyes. His eyes were so bright, I almost couldn't look straight at them.

I tilted his head towards myself and I started speaking.

 "Graham, snap out of this." His eyes finally met mine, and he looked alarmed.

 "Graham, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you." He had a scared look in his eyes, and moved away from me. 

"I didn't...I-I didn't.." He mumbled quietly, and hugged his knees. At this point, I'm not going to lie. I was very, very worried. He continued to mumble to himself as I grabbed the water. 

"I didn't w-want to!" I splashed the water in his face, and exhaled. My hands were shaking. Graham stopped stuttering and glanced around the room. Please don't be a psychopath, please don't be a psychopath. I thought to myself. He shook his head to dry it a bit, spraying me in the process, although I was more concerned about Graham than him getting my t-shirt wet. I slowly inched over to him, ready to smack him with a book if he got creepy again. 

"W-what happened?" Graham muttered, taking in his surroundings as if he had forgotten where we were. I sighed with immense relief. Before I could stop myself, I grabbed his hand. 

"Don't ever scare me like that again." Graham nodded, not daring to acknowledge that I was scared. I realized that I was still gripping his hand, and I quickly let go as I felt the situation become awkward. His eyes were still a shade of gold, but not as bright as before.

Willow whistled a random tune, highlighting the awkwardness that was present. Did Graham know what happened to his eyes? Probably not. I grabbed a mirror from Willow's desk and handed it to Graham, who took it hesitantly. 

"Is there something wrong with my face?" Graham asked, jokingly. We stayed silent.

"There's something wrong with my face?!" He hastily looked into the mirror and his jaw dropped. Graham muttered a curse word and dramatically "flopped" on the floor as if he had fainted. "It isn't that bad!" Willow said, cheerfully. He glared at the ceiling and sighed.

"I look like Edward Cullen."

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Heyyy! So, we reached 200 reads! YAY! Please vote for this story, share it with your friends! Goal for June: 10 votes and/or 250 reads? Can we do it? I think so :D

Have a great day, and more "Smore" is on the way, hehe!

xoxoshelly