c h a p t e r f i v e

I woke up all the sudden and shot straight up, causing my head to bang on a desk.

 "Ow..!" I exclaimed, rubbing my head. I glanced over at the clock over the fridge. 2:00 am. Why was I up so early? Huh. Wait..why is there a fridge?! I glanced around the room. How did I get in my kitchen?!?! I don't remember going down here for a midnight snack..

"H-how did I get here?" I thought aloud. 

"Good question." I whipped around and saw a woman standing near the window. I opened my mouth to scream for my parents when she suddenly appeared right beside me with her hand covering my mouth. 

"Sh, no need for that." How did she...? She was just over there! "Just cooperate and you'll be just fine. No screaming, no calling for help, no fighting. Understand, honey?" I nodded my head quickly. "Good. Now, I'm going to let go now, and you will do exactly as I say." 

At this point, I was this close to complete panic. "First, do not tell anyone about me and this incident. If you do-" "You'll kill me." "Precisely. You are a smart one, aren't you!" Okay, I have a strong urge to punch this woman in the face.

"Lastly, give me..that." She glanced down at my ring and smiled. "Why do you want it?"  "No need for details, dear." She reached down to grab my ring but I moved away from her. "No. What else do you want?" 

I know, I know. I bet you're thinking, "Since when do you care so much about that ring?!" Or perhaps, " WHY ARE YOU RISKING YOUR YOUNG LIFE? GIVE HER THE DANG RING!"

Firstly, I will not give up a family heirloom just because a creepy lady wanted it.

Secondly, I liked the ring, and I became quite attached to it..

"Just give me the ring."

 "Not without you telling me why you want it."

 "Sorry dear, I can't do that." 

"Then, no. You cannot have the ring."

 She snarled and glared at me angrily. 

"Well then, I guess that I'll have to rip it off of your hand." She lunged at me, but to my surprise, jumped back wailing. What just happened?! She clutched her hand and looked up at me, astonished. 

"You!"

  She reached to grab the ring again and I felt a jolt course through my body. The lady screamed and glared at me. Did I just....injure her?! But how, I didn't even touch her! 

"Impossible." she whispered. 

"W-what did I do?"

  "You have just made the worst mistake in your entire life."

 "What do you mean?" She ignored me and hobbled away from me. 

"I will have that ring, and I don't care if your head comes with it." She laughed manically and disappeared out of sight, leaving no trace of the encounter.

All the sudden, I had a excruciating headache and I doubled over from the pain.

What was wrong with me?