c h a p t e r t w e n t y

(a/n) Okay, before you read, I must say that this gif goes perfectly with the chapter. Okay bye! Also, I don't own it, etc, legal mumbo jumbo..:D

--recap--

"What's wrong, Marshy? Upset because-" "Shut up." "What? I just-" "Shush." I grabbed his chin and turned it towards the window. The woman was there, staring at us, behind a tree. She tapped the top of her wrist, smiling. She opened her mouth, and mouthed something to me. "Tick, tock."

{}

I covered my mouth, and Graham pushed me down behind the counter. 

"Don't move." His eyes were panicked and angry. 

"Oh no, no, no, no." She was after me. Why was she here?! I need to call the police, but what would I say? 

I felt my breathing become laboured, and I struggled to take in oxygen. No, not now. I can't have one now! I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself down. Deep breaths. Graham turned to me, and his eyes widened. 

"Opal?" It wasn't working. I couldn't calm myself down. This was too much, I can't do this. What if she hurts me? 

What if she hurts my family? What if she hurts Willow? What if she hurts Graham? My eyes snapped open.

My heart rate accelerated, and I found it even more difficult to breathe. Graham moved closer to me, worry etched in his face. 

"Opal, what's wrong? Do I need to call a doctor?" I shook my head. No doctors. He cursed, and ran out of the room. 

"Willow!" 

He returned with her, and Willow ran to me.

 "What's wrong with Opal?! How do I help her?" He half-shouted, running his hands through his hair repeatedly.

 "Panic attack. She gets them sometimes." Willow sat next to me, and smoothed my hair out. 

"It's okay, it's alright. You're okay, Opal." Willow whispered, patting my back. I shook my head, burrowing my head in my hands. I wasn't safe. She could come at any time. She would hurt me, my family, my friends. 

My friends, who were currently screaming at each other.

"What did you do, Graham? Did you say something that triggered this?" 

"What?! No! I didn't do anything!"

 "Then, what the hell happened?!" Willow shouted. 

"The woman was in the backyard!"

 "BE. MORE. SPECIFIC!" I covered my ears, trying the block out all the sound. I whimpered, and backed into the corner of the counters. I screwed my eyes shut,  trying to focus on my breathing. 

Eventually, I didn't hear any more shouting. I felt someone sit next to me, and a pair of arms wrapped around me and held me there. I didn't dare to open my eyes. Not when she could be right outside the window. The person next to me pulled my hands from my ears, and I tentatively opened my eyes. It was Graham.

 "'Marsh, calm down. It's okay, no one will hurt you." I violently shook my head, staring at my shaking hands. 

"No, you don't know that. W-where's Willow?" I asked, my voice trembling. 

"Don't worry, she's just upstairs. She's making sure that the woman isn't still outside." I nodded, and tried not to think about Willow being killed. Willow. She's not safe as long as she was here. My breathing sped up again, and I felt light-headed.