c h a p t e r t w o

"You did what?!" my mother exclaimed.

 "He was being insufferable, Mum! I had to say something!" I said, exasperated.  My mother out her face in her hands. 

"Opal, honey, I know how frustrating it must be, but you can't say anything about it! It will lead to people treating you differently. You don't want that, do you?" I sighed.

 "No, I guess not." I decided. 

"Now that you understand, come over here darling." I walked over to my mum, who was sitting in her favorite comfy chair, as always. I plopped down beside her and looked up at her. 

"I just wish that I could tell them, and show them how wrong they were, and how they shouldn't idolize  those stories which don't even make sense!" I whispered, frustrated. 

"Opal!" my mother exclaimed. I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

 "Don't you ever let your anger shadow your true, kind self. You know that I had to learn that the hard way, and I don't want you to learn it that way too. I couldn't bear it if you had turned out like me!" 

"Mum, there is nothing wrong with you." I promised.

 She closed her eyes and sighed."I am so thankful that I have you, Opal. You have no idea how much I need you with me." I hugged her and smiled. 

"I love you too, mum." 

"Promise me that you will never leave me?"

 "I promise." 

"Now, make sure you keep a lid on that temper of yours! You know, you might turn green !" I laughed. 

"Sure, mom."

"Let's go to your school and have a nice talk with Mr. Grumpy Pants!" said my mother, standing up. 

"Aw, fine." I grumbled, picking up my bag. Once we got to the school, my mother straightened out her coat. The light fall breeze tickled my cheeks, blowing in my hair.

"Now, now, no funny business, or sassiness, alright?" I rolled my eyes. 

"Fine, I'll try, but I can't promise anything." 

"Good. Now let's hurry in, we are about to be late!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How are you liking the story so far? Please share, vote, and comment!! It's a bit short today but the next couple of chapters will be a bit longer. Also, I made a new cover, what's your opinion :D? Personally I like this one a bit better tha the first. Have a good day :D