Forever Never After

"Mom, can you read me a story?" The little girl bounced on her little bed with excitement, clutching her beloved teddy bear. She was a young child, only 7 years of age, and had a adorable innocence to her that everyone loved. 

"Of course!" her mother said. She picked up the storybook and began reading, while the little girl snuggled into her teddy bear.

"Once upon a time, there was a little girl, just like you. She loved everyone in her village, and everyone loved her back. Her name was Octavia, and she had a beautiful voice that was so fantastic, even the gruffest, most surly man on Earth would stop and listen to her song." The girl's eyes widened with interest and wonder. 

"One day, the queen came to he-"

 "Was it the evil queen?" The mother's eyes hardened.

 "There is no such thing as an evil queen." she said, stiffly.

 "Sure there is! My friend Chrissy told me! There's one in Snow White, Sleeping Bea-" "There is no such thing as an Evil Queen, do you understand?!" the mother snapped, eyes softening as she saw her daughter become frightened.

 "S-sorry Mom." 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't of been so harsh." The girl looked down.

 "Sweetie, you should know that there is no such thing as an evil queen, or a good queen. Everyone has good moments and bad moments. Sometimes, they just catch you when you are in a bad moment. Do you understand what I am saying, dear?" She nodded. 

"Yes Mama, I get it now. I love you Mom.", she yawned as she turned off the lamp. "I love you too." And with that, she closed the door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, this is the prologue to my first story! Please vote/heart/comment if you liked it, and I appreciate any feedback you can give.

xxshelly