c h a p t e r t w e l v e

After 5 minutes of silence that was both awkward and confusing, we arrived at the office. An old lady with bright green eyes and an expression which looked like someone just told her her lotto ticket wasn't a winner, stood behind the secretary desk.

 "How can I help you?" she said, sharply. 

"I fell during the Woods Run." She narrowed her eyes.

 "I see. Come with me to get a bandage." I nodded and followed her into the small staff room. She rummaged around the fridge until she found a bandage and handed it to me. 

"There you go, young lady." "Thank you!" I said, cheerily. "Bye, now." Graham and I turned to the door when she called out to me. 

"Oh, by the way, love the ring. Very elegant!" "Thanks." I felt like that was the 3485234th time I had said "thank you" today. Was is just me, or was she really creepy? I would talk about this to Willow later. I'm not the kind of person that just brushes it off. I ripped off the plastic backs of the bandage and pressed it on my knee when I paused. My knee was completely fine. Not as in, not bleeding. As in, no trace of injury whatsoever. Maybe it was the other one. I looked to my other knee, but it was as clean as the other knee.

 "Graham?"

 "Huh?" 

"Which knee did I injure?" 

"Uhm, your left, I think."

 "Look at it." He turned and his eyes widened. 

"H-how..did i-it, but it-t..wha?"

 "I have no idea."

 "It was bleeding...and now..it's..not?"

 "Thanks, Captain Obvious."

 "I know where we can get the answer to everything." His eyes lit up with hope.

" Books? Doctors?" I shook my head. 

"We simply visit the great and wise Willow." He slouched in disappointment. 

"You've got to be kidding me, Opal.''

I led Graham into the lunch hall and scanned the tables for Willow's familiar face. I spotted her and smiled.

 "Graham, she's right there."

 "Ugh, do I have to go?" 

"Yes. Yes, you do." We approached Willow, who's face was in a book, no doubt a fantasy book. Ugh, why did she have to be so into fairytales? I never said anything though, she has her interests and I have mine. I tapped her shoulder.

 "Willow, I need your guidance." I said, jokingly. She chuckled, putting down her book. 

"Don't you always?" Her smile disappeared when she saw Graham. 

"Why is he here?" Willow whispered. Well, attempted to whisper.

"In that case, I guess I'll just go.." Graham said.

 "Ah, ah,ah." I grabbed his arm and pulled him back to the table. 

"So, what did you want to tell me?" Willow asked. 

"Well, Graham actually has something to tell you." Graham's eyes widened. 

"I-I do?" I nodded. 

"Yep. Now, tell her."

 "About what?" I rolled my eyes. 

"Start with your condition." 

"It's not a condition!" I stifled a laugh as he blushed with embarrassment. 

"Go on." Willow prompted. 

"So, tend to space out. And recently, I started seeing things during the time that I space out." 

"What do you see?"

 "Me, or Opal. Or both of us. We are always in this strange place. A forest, but not a normal one, anyway." Willow stared at him with bewilderment. 

"I'm crazy, I know." Willow shook her head. She stared at both of us and bit her lip. 

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I think I know what's happening, and it isn't good."

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

YOU SAYYY I'M CRAZZYYYY.... sorry i had to do that XD

Comment, vote, etc :D

xoxoxshelly