Chapter 39

"Four for you, Glen Coco! You go, Glen Coco!"

I laugh to myself as Damian says my favorite line in the whole film. Liam left a while ago and I'm just sitting under the covers with a cup of tea and a plate of biscuits, enjoying my night in. Liam and I have been going to clubs a lot lately, he more than I. He would always ask me to come to a different club almost every weekend but I'd refuse most of the time because it's just a huge dark room with loud music and drunk sweaty people. I turn my attention back to the movie for a little while longer before my phone begins to ring. I quickly pause the movie and look to see Diana calling.

"Hello?" I answer. I can hear loud music and the crackling sound of bad signal before Diana speaks.

"Mari? Mari are you there?" she yells. I wince as I put the phone away from my ear and put it on speakerphone.

"Yes! What's up?" I feel like I have to increase the volume of my voice to match hers.

"Well I'm at the club with the boys and...well I didn't want to bother you...but something's happening..." The uneasiness in her voice makes me sit up in bed, putting my laptop to the side.

"What do you mean something's happening? Are you all okay?" I ask, her tone concerning me more and more each second. Thousands of worse case scenarios are flying around my head and I feel sick just thinking about some of them.

"Well...I'm with Harry here and we look over to the bar and we see Liam...and he's talking to this girl..."

I raise my eyebrow in confusion...so he was talking to a girl, what's the big deal? "Diana, I trust him. He can talk to other girls I don't get jealous."

"Are you sure about that? Because she is getting a little touchy feely..." she warns. Okay, that concerns me slightly. But he's an international superstar, girls are always trying to touch him and stuff...

"Yeah and he's pretty drunk...like way more than usual! And I don't know--oh my..." she cuts herself off as the phone starts making static shuffling sounds.

"What? What? Diana what's happening?" I ask worriedly.

"They're going on the dance floor together! She pulled him to some dark corner in a private booth...oh my God what a tramp! She's practically grinding her ass into him!" she is giving me an entire play-by-play and I can instantly feel a ball lodged in my throat. "Babe, are you still there?" she asks when she notice my side of the line has gone silent.

"Yeah." I say flatly. I can hear the phone shuffle again.

"Mari, it's Harry. Yeah...I don't know whats gotten into him. I've seen him talk to other girls before but--" Harry's deep voice fills my ears before I interrupt him.

"Wait, what?! He's pulled this kind of shit at the club before?" I practically scream. I can't believe what I'm hearing right now. I slap my hand to my forehead as I try to subdue the pounding headache that's growing.

"Well...yeah girls flirt with him and he talks to them but he's never done something like this." he realizes his error in telling me this and tries to make it seem less than it really is but he isn't fooling me. I literally feel nauseous at the thought of Liam flirting with other girls behind my back. All the times he goes to the club without me he finds other girls to temporarily take my place; who knows how many times this has happened without me knowing! My enraging thoughts were interrupted when I hear both Diana and Harry gasp.

"What?! What happened?" I practically cry out in worry. At this point I just want to hang up and throw my phone against a wall, I can't bear to know what's happening right now. I simultaneously despise and appreciate Diana for calling me but I just want to wake up from this nightmare.