Chapter 6

Waiting for Liam to come over is more agonizing than I thought so I take the time to tidy up my flat and also text Jade what's happening. I called her last night in tears right after it happened and she was ready to kick Liam’s ass. “Just be careful and don’t give in to him!” she tells me. I let out a huge sigh as I hear the doorbell ring, it's time. I nervously walk over to the door and open it to reveal a very nervous Liam. He has his hands stuffed in his pockets (a nervous habit I've come to notice) with his head down, but it immediately springs up as soon as I open the door.

“Hi. Come in.” I say quietly. Even though I'm mad at him I have to be hospitable to any guest coming into my home. “Would you like some tea or anything?” I offer.

“No, thank you. I just really want to talk.” He gestures to the couch and we both take a seat. We sit there for a few moments, the air thick with uncomfortable silence. He says he wants to talk so why doesn't he say something already?

“Okay then…talk.” I turn towards him, crossing my arms over my chest.

He takes in a deep breath. “Marielle, I'm for what I did last night. Don’t take it personally because I didn’t mean to hurt or offend you.” Um, it's kind of hard not to take offense to the fact that you pulled away and left when I kissed you.

“Well then if I’m not supposed to take it personally, then tell me why you did it?” I ask, a little more with concern than with anger.

“I…broke apart our kiss and left was because I don’t want to take things too fast. I really like you, Marielle and you don’t know how badly I wanted to keep kissing you but I was afraid.”

Okay, I'm even more confused than I was before. I can’t believe he's actually saying this to me. “Afraid of what?”

“Rushing into something that maybe neither of us is ready for yet and having it end quicker than it begins.” He pauses for a minute waiting for me to say something. He looks me straight in the eyes and puts one of my hands in between both of his. “I'm really sorry. Do you forgive me?”

I look down at our hands and smile to myself. Wow, I completely misjudged this guy. Maybe I'm not stupid for liking him because he actually likes me back. “I forgive you.” I look up at him again, a small smile on my face.

His face lights up as he quickly pulls me into a warm hug. “Thank you Mari, I promise that from now on I’ll be honest with you.”

“Same. I’m sorry for acting like a bitch. I guess that I was quick to judge and I shouldn’t have so I'm sorry too.”

“Its okay, you had every right to be. Now…we have some unfinished business.” He smirks, wiggling his eyebrows.

Before I could even question, he gently cups my face in his hands and presses his lips against mine. This is what I've been waiting for and it feels even better knowing that the feelings I have towards him are mutual. As cheesy as it sounds I can feel the fireworks going off s our lips move in sync with each other. His tongue swipes my bottom lip and I open my mouth to let him in. I can feel him pick me up by my thighs and place me on his lap facing him. His arms then wrap around my waist as one of my hands thread through his soft brown hair. I'm completely lost in his kiss.

“This isn’t going too fast is it?” he asks out of breath, a playful smile playing on his lips

I shake my head smiling. “Trust me, I’ll let you know” I say with a giggle. Instead of putting his lips back on mine he travels down to my neck where he begins to leave sweet kisses and ocassionally gently sucking on the skin, the amazing feeling making my head spin. 

We enjoy each others intimate company for who knows how long before I hear a loud buzzing against the coffee table. Who could possibly be calling me at a time like this? I let out a frustrated huff as I climb off Liam and reach over to get my phone, Liam chuckling. It's Jade.

“Hello?”

“Hey so did Liam come over?” 

“…Yeah. Actually he’s still here…”

“What? How can you guys still be talking, it’s been over an hour! Who has—oh shit, am I interrupting something?” I love Jade but sometimes she can be a little slow. Thankfully she's catching on before I have to spell it out for her.

“No not at all!” the sarcasm evident in my voice. Liam notices this and laughs loud enough that I'm sure Jade can hear on the other line.

“OMG, I’m so sorry Mar! I didn’t actually think…okay I'm gonna go now! We’ll talk tomorrow! You kids have fun now, byeee!” and with that she hangs up. I put the phone back on the table, chuckling to myself. That's a conversation I'm looking forward to.

“Sorry about that.” I tell Liam, getting off the couch and walking towards the kitchen to get some water. He follows me and takes a drink from my cup when I'm done.

“It’s okay, I should probably be heading home anyway.” He smiles, making his way towards the door. I follow him to the door and he places his hands on my hips. “But my friend, Andy and I are having a pool party tomorrow afternoon, you and your friend should come.” He smiles. 

“Yeah, that sounds like fun.” I say without even thinking. Tomorrow's Saturday so neither Jade or I have work and I'm sure she'll want to go after I catch her up on what just happened.

“Okay, well I’ll see you then. Goodnight.” He says softly, before giving me a short sweet kiss. I feel a spark every time our lips connect and that is something I don't mind getting used to. I open the door for him and lean against the door frame as I watch him leave (a smile on my face this time).

“I can’t believe that you can go from hating a guy to making out with him in a span of 5 minutes!” Jade exclaims. I invite her over so we can have breakfast and catch up before going to the pool party. Its a gorgeous summer day so I hope everything goes well.

“That wasn’t my intention…it just happened.” I say shyly. “I was wrong to judge him because I just assumed he left for a bad reason but when he told me I found it really cute.”

“I just can’t wrap my head around that. But if he makes you happy, then I'm happy.” Jade beams. She's been trying to find a guy for me for ages and she unintentionally did.

“And you’ll finally get to meet him today! But please, be nice…I don’t need you grilling him.” I give her a stern look because I know that's something she would do.

“Okay, okay, I’ll behave!” she throws her hands in the air and laughs. I laughed along as I stand up from the table and make my way over to my room to find the perfect outfit for this afternoon.