Chapter 7

I can't help but sit nervously in the passenger seat of Jade’s black Toyota as we make our way to Liam’s pool party. I'm wearing my floral crop top and a pair of teal high-waisted shorts and Jade is in her pink flowy tank top paired with ripped denim shorts. We don't plan on swimming so we made sure to look our best. I text Liam to let him know we're on the way and as soon as I send it I feel instantly more anxious, we're clearly more than friends but not officially dating so what is he going to introduce me as to his friends?

After about 15 minutes we finally arrive at the address Liam had texted me earlier. It's a large apartment complex and right in front of it there's a large gated pool with already a lot of people in it. We make our way through the gates to a very lively party: about 70-80 people, some in the pool, some in reclining chairs and some dancing with drinks in their hands. The DJ is in the corner playing loud music and next to him there is a cabana with a full service bar. Jade looks around in awe of the whole scene while I scan the area to find Liam. I find him about 10 feet away talking to a group of guys and we both made eye contact instantly. He's wearing a simple white v-neck tee shirt with khaki shorts. He smiles, excuses himself from the conversation and begins to make his way through the crowd with another guy next to him.

"Hey you made it!" He says happily, giving me a hug as we kiss cheeks. I can feel Jade's eyes watching and cracking a smile. She promised not to embarrass me so let's see how that goes.

"Here we are. Liam, this is my best friend, Jade. Jade, this is Liam." I introduce them as they shake hands and smile at each other. 

"And this is my friend, Andy. Andy, this is Marielle and her friend Jade." Andy is an interesting looking guy: very tall with lion-like hair, wearing a bro-tank with a picture of a sunset on it and khaki shorts similar to Liam’s.

"You alright? Liam has told me a lot about you, and he was definitely right about you being fit." I looked over to Liam, who nudges him with his elbow probably for saying something that he shouldn't have. I find myself blushing at the fact that Liam talks about me to his friend.

"Anyway...can I get you girls anything to drink?" Liam asks, trying to change the subject.

"I'm just going to go to the bar and see what’s there. Andy, care to join me?" Jade asks confidently. She's clearly trying to get Liam and I alone...what a good friend. 

Andy takes the hint and nods before they both made their way to the bar. Liam and I stand there awkwardly for a few moments before he speaks up.

"Here, let me show you around." he smiles, taking my hand and walking through the crowd. Liam introduces me to a lot of his friends which is nice, but as his friend. It's not that I'm upset, I like this sort of place Liam and I are at right now. They get into conversations about football and stuff and I sort of zone out, pretending to listen but really concentrating on my own thoughts. I look around at all the people around me having fun and living live, getting lost in my surrounds. "Hey, you okay?" Liam's voice snaps me out of my thoughts. I look back at him to see that no more of his friends are around and he's giving me a concerned look.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just looking around." I assure him, lightly fanning myself from the heat.

"Let's go sit down in the shade. I know of a great place." He then wraps his arm around my waist as we walk hrough the crowd of people, earning a few stares and whispers before coming to a secluded table with an umbrella and 2 chairs. 

"It’s such a beautiful day today, perfect for a pool party." I say looking out to the crowd of people before looking back at him.

"Yeah it was Andy's idea. He's more of a party animal, I just provide the location." He smirks.