Chapter 11

"We'll be landing in London in approximately 5 minutes. Please put your seats and trays in the upright position. Thank you."

The sound of the intercom wakes me up from my nap on Liam's shoulder. We talked for the first half of the trip but he soon noticed how tired I looked and offered his shoulder for me to nap on, bless that boy. I sit up straight and look over to Liam, a sleepy smile on my face. I'm really excited to spend the week in London with Liam and the other boys, but I'm also hesitant of what will happen the second everyone sees me with him.

"Babe what's wrong?" Liam gives me a concerned to match my worried one. It's like he can read my mind, he always knows what I'm thinking without even having to say anything. That's a pretty rare trait to find in a person, especially someone you've only been dating a few weeks.

"Nothing...I'm just kinda nervous about whats going to happen when we land." I tell him honestly.

"Oh...I know it’s going to be a lot to take in at once, but I promise I won't leave your side. There’s already a car waiting for us and someone from management will get our bags, we just have to make it through the terminal. Just keep your head low, don't listen to what the paps or anyone else says, and just keep walking. I will protect you." He takes my hand in his and begins to draw circles with the pad of his thumb. I love when he does that, it makes me feel safe and I know he means every word. I smile and give him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Welcome to Heathrow International Airport in London, England. We thank you for flying with us and have a safe trip." The robotic intercom voice says loudly. We stand up from our seats and make our way out of the plane. Our hands are intertwined together as we walk out of the gate, and I can already hear the clicking of cameras and the screams from fans. 

"You ready?" Liam asks, raising his eyebrows.

I exhale a deep sigh. "Ready as I'll ever be." This is where my life changes. A picture is worth a thousand words, and everyone will definitely have a lot to say about this. 

Liam stays close by my side as we make our way through the terminal. A group of strange men in dark clothing holding large cameras see us and practically sprint over to us, surrounding us in a half circle. 

"Liam who is that?"

"Are you guys dating?"

"Liam and girlfriend, look over here!"

I'm instantly overwhelmed with the chaos of these men and it increases when fans begin to scream and yell even more at us. There are about 50 barricaded behind a gate that the airport must've set up, many of them young teenage girls with posters and camera phones at the ready. 

"Hi Liam, can you please sign my poster?"

"Liam I love you can I get a picture?"

Liam looks over at me for my approval; of course I'm not going to deny him greeting his fans, so I nod my head and stand over to the side. I admire him as he walks over to the group of girls and begin chatting to them, occasionally signing a poster and taking a photo. The girls look so overjoyed to finally meet their idol and even sharing a laugh with him and I can't help but smile. The men with cameras continue to snap pictures of him, and even start taking pictures of me and asking me questions.

"What's your name, love?"

"Are you Liam's girlfriend?"

"How did you guys meet?"

I feel like a deer in the headlights, but I ignore them and look down at my phone. I'm not made for the popstar life, the constant attention and having your entire life under a microscope must be so daunting. I start feeling a bit claustrophobic as they get closer and closer and I'm just praying that Liam will swoop in and save me soon.