Chapter 26

I ring the doorbell of Liam's flat and he almost instantly opens it. He's wearing a white t-shirt and baggy khaki shorts and black trainers; I can see his tan and toned muscles peeking through his shirt which makes me smile a lot bigger than I already am.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I squeal as I pull him into a huge hug. He laughs and spins me around before putting me down. When I'm back on the ground I stand on my tippy toes and give him a long and passionate kiss (its his birthday he deserves it).

"Well well well, I wish it was my birthday everyday!" he says grabbing my waist and looking down at me with a wide smile.

"You wish, now come on birthday boy! Oh wait, before we go..." I slyly take out the black blindfold from my back pocket and wave it in his face. His eyes widen with humorous fear and I laugh at his reaction. "Oh, calm down its just temporary!" I smirk as I go behind him and place it over his eyes. I quickly grab his hand and lead him down the elevator to the lobby. As we head towards the glass doors and the group was visible, they notice and quickly silence each other.

"Babe, am I going to like this surprise?" he asks innocently as we walk outside. We're finally standing in front of the group who are trying so hard to stifle their giggles. I wink at them to signal that I'm about to take off Liam's blindfold.

"Well why don't you ask them?" I say loudly as I remove the blindfold off of his eyes to reveal everyone.

"SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIAM!" they all sing out. His reaction is something I'll never forget: his jaw practically hits the floor and his eyes look as if they're about to pop out of their sockets. The boys quickly pull him into a giant group hug as Liam tries to get words out of his mouth.

"What are you guys doing here?!" he exclaims happily as he goes around to go hug everyone.

"Well you're lovely girlfriend thought it would be a great idea for us all to go to the beach for your birthday!" Louis answers as he swings his arm around my shoulders. Liam walks back over to me, his eyes never leaving mine.

"You planned all of this...for me?" he asks, taking my hand. I shyly nod and he pulls me into a hug. "Thank you. I love you so much." he whispers in my ear. His words send the best kind of shiver down my spine.

"Alright then, let's get this show on the road!" Harry yells throwing his fist into the air. We all laugh and load onto the bus. The bus is designed so that all the seats line the edges with a large space in the middle so we could all see each other and talk. As the driver, Andy plugs in his iPhone to the speakers and starts blasting music as we drive to the beach.

After about half an hour or so on the road we finally make it to the beach. I instruct Andy to where the secluded location is and he parks near it. Everyone grabs the assorted bags of food, drinks, towels and other beach items and we begin to make our way down the sandy hill. Liam and I walk hand in hand as our toes made contact with the warm soft sand. There isn't anyone else in the nearby vicinity and thankfully the rocks cover us from being possibly spotted by paparazzi. Zayn, Harry and Diana begin laying out blankets, Lou and Jade go to set up the music and Niall, Andy, Louis and Eleanor are setting up the food and drinks. 

"But wait I don't have any swimming trunks!" Liam realizes. I teasingly roll my eyes and laugh, I'm one step ahead of him.

"Well if I told you to bring any it would've blown the surprise so I had Harry bring a spare and towel for you." I kiss his cheek.

"You seriously are the best." he breathes. I shrug my shoulders saunter over to the girls. Because its such an unusually warm and sunny day in usually dreary England we all want to swim and tan so we all get into our swimsuits. Liam has seen me in a bikini before when we had our late night swim in London but now he can properly see me in broad daylight which makes me very anxious. As the girls and I make our way down to the water Jade uses the opportunity to tease me as best friends do.