Chapter 10

*2 weeks later*

I scrunch my eyebrows and cross my arms over my chest as I stand in front of my wardrobe. I feel a pair of arms drape over my waist from behind and a chin rest promptly on my shoulder. I try to ignore Liam’s attempts to distract me but he's nothing shy of persistant. These past few weeks since we have officially started dating have been a lot of fun. We've spent almost everyday together and every day we didn't we would text each other nonstop. Tomorrow we leave for London to go meet up with the rest of One Direction for a week and I'm so unbelievably nervous.

“Babe, I can’t believe you waited until the last minute to pack your suitcase.” He laughs lightly.

“Well, you wanted me to join you on this little week long adventure to London so I had to work late this week.” I don’t take my eyes off my closet but I can feel him smirk. I move a few shirts around on their hangers to look at them but then decide against bringing them, not good enough.

“Why don’t you just take a big pile of clothes and just throw it in to your suitcase?” he whines. I've been at this for about two hours and I can tell Liam is getting impatient so he's trying to get me to take the easy way out.

“That’s easy for you to say! Girls have to coordinate their outfits. Plus I’m meeting your best friends and band mates for the first time ever; I need to make a good impression.” I pick a few shirts off the rack and drop them in the suitcase at my feet.

“Oh, c’mon; they’ll love you no matter what.” He coaxes as he begins to leave feathery kisses on my neck. Oh great, he using my weakness against me. I will not give in, I have to finish packing.

“Liam…” I whine as I pry myself out of his grip. I pick up the suitcase and move it to my bed where I have a messy pile of shirts, pants, shoes, and dresses all ready to be folded and packed. I look back at Liam who is still standing in the same spot, pouting his lips.

“You know, this could go by a lot faster if you helped me.” I laugh at his attempts to distract me and mentally pat myself on the back for not giving in. Liam's kisses are addicting to say the least, so hopefully when I'm done with all of this I can reward myself. He sighs and walks over to my bed and began folding a pair of my pants. “So what exactly do we have to go to London for?” I ask quizzically. Liam hasn't really told me the details of the trip, just that the band and their management are meeting up in London to discuss future plans.

“Well…we have meetings about upcoming projects and promotion we’ll be doing for the album. But its not all going to be work, meetings are usually in the morning, so we’ll have the whole day to do fun stuff.” He looks up from his folding and smiles at me. I can tell he's really excited to see the boys again and it makes me really happy to see how much he loves them. We finally finish zipping up my suitcase and both flop onto my bed in exhaustion. I looked over to the clock; 10:45pm.

“What time is our flight tomorrow?” I ask, turning over to my side to face him.

“8:30 and it’s a 2 hour flight, so we should get to London at about 10:30am.” He turns his neck to look at me.

I let out a sigh; I’m not a morning person at all especially when it comes to flights. I always look so bad after a flight and that won't be acceptable since I'll be walking through Heathrow for the first time as Liam's girlfriend. Liam told me once about how bad the fans and paparazzi get at airports which makes me apprehensive, but I brush those feelings off to the side for now.

Next thing I know, Liam grabs my sides and pulls me on top of him, our faces inches apart. My hair falls over us like a curtain as he brings my face to his and kisses me. I love kissing Liam; we've only been dating for about 3 weeks and I already find his kisses addicting. His lips are so plump and soft and they just fit with mine in a way that’s indescribable. I feel his hands move up and down my back as he pushes his tongue into my mouth. After an unknown amount of time, we take a break for air and I slide down and rest my head on his chest, drawing figures and shapes with my finger. I love the feeling of his chest rising and falling with each breath and the faint sound of his beating heart. He begins to softly twirl some of my hair around his fingers as we lay in peaceful silence.

“We really should go to sleep now." he says, breaking the silence. To make things easier in the morning, Liam is staying the night with me in my flat so we can get ready and drive together to the airport. This will be the first time Liam and I have slept together in the same bed and even though I should be nervous I'm not. I'm very comfortable around Liam and I know he'll never do anything that he knows I'm not ready for, all part of the taking it slow promise we've made to each other since the beginning.

“Yeah I guess you're right.” I remark, looking up at him. He gives me a quick kiss on the nose as he sits us up and removes me from his lap. We both go to brush our teeth in my tiny bathroom (it's hard to share a sink with him but I'll have to get used to it for the next week) and make our way to my bed. Thankfully I have a queen sized bed so we can both fit comfortably. He throws the blankets over us and brings our bodies closer together. I watch his mouth curve into a smile from the moonlight peeking through the window and can't help but smile back. We exchange 'goodnights' and fall asleep in each others arms.

*the next day*

Even though that's one of the best nights of sleep I've ever gotten I'm not too thrilled when my alarm breaks me from that bliss.. It's 5 o'clock in the morning so it’s definitely going to be a long day. Normally I wouldn’t wake up this early before a flight, but I have to make myself look presentable. I slowly get out of bed and make my way to the shower. After taking a hot shower I proceed to do my makeup while my hair air-dries and Liam takes a shower. I keep it casual with foundation, eyeliner, mascara and some tinted lip balm. Curling my hair is the main reason why I woke up so early, it is not an easy task; my hair is long and thick so it takes about 40 minutes to do it layer by layer. As I do it I can hear Liam getting out of the bathroom and walking across the room in nothing but a towel (I almost burned my hand off because it was so distracting) and changes into a simple pair of jeans and a white t-shirt.

“Babe, you’re not ready yet?” his eyes wide in surprise. Of course it only takes a guy 5 minutes to get ready....boys have it so easy.

“I know…I’m sorry I’ll be done in a few minutes. Help yourself to some breakfast or something.” I say, quickly pecking him on the lips. I continue to put the finishing touches on my hair as he leaves the room. Thankfully I already have an outfit picked out last night: a blue loose fitting long t-shirt, a pair of black leggings and combat boots, not as glamorous as I would like but its an aiport for Christs sake.

10 minutes later we're finally out the door and on our way to the airport in Liam’s car. The summer morning sun is up but I still want to go back to sleep. I close my eyes as I sit in the passenger seat of Liam’s car, feeling his warm hand envelop mine as his thumb begins to draw circles on my hand. One short nap later and we finally arrive at the airport It's 7:45am and our plane is leaving in 30 minutes so we quickly walk through the terminal and check in our bags at the front desk. As we make our way to the gate, I notice several people staring at us, some even trying to be sneaky enough to take a picture with their phones. I put my head down trying not to get photographed and Liam quickly takes notice of my discomfort. As we walk, he takes my hand and whispers “its okay, we’re almost there.”

We finally make it to the 1st class waiting area of the gate with 10 minutes to spare before boarding. We take seats in the waiting area, looking out to the large runway of planes coming and going. I've never flown in 1st class before, but that's not what I'm nervous about. As soon as I step foot in London, hand in hand with Liam Payne, I know my whole life will change. I won’t be just Marielle Abasi, regular 19 year old girl from a small town in England working in a fashion boutique…I will be Marielle, that girl who is dating Liam from One Direction. It's a lot of change to deal with, but thankfully I know Liam will be right by my side no matter what.