Chapter 23

Marielle's POV

As I make myself lunch on my day off I can't help but blast the One Direction album, it's just too damn catchy. As I sing along to Kiss You and finish making my boxed macaroni I hear knocking at the door. I quickly pull the small remote for my iHome from my pocket and pause the music before opening the door to see Jade, wide-eyed and out of breath.

"Jade what are you doing here? What's wrong?" It looks like she has just been chased or something and I'm instantly worried.

"Have you been on Twitter at all today?" she asks, quickly walking in. I shake my head and she grabs my laptop from the counter, opening it and begins typing furiously.

"What's going on?" I demand, she's beginning to scare me. I'm relieved to know something is not physically wrong with her but I can't help but be extremely anxious for what ever she has to show me.

"Well a lot of people have been tweeting me this article and I don't know if its true or not but I just have to show you." she turns the screen towards me to show a Sugarscape article titled "Liam Payne Playing with Fire in Cheatsville?" My eyes widen with fear as I look over to Jade who gives me a sympathetic rub on the back. "Read it." she says softly.

I take a seat at the table as my eyes begin to scan the article.

One Direction seem to be having a lot of fun promoting their new album, Take Me Home, all over the world but is one of them having too much fun? As the boys are in LA at the moment it seems that the boys, especially Liam, have been getting pretty close to Columbia Records intern Symone Reynolds. The two were seen together hanging out at the boys studio and although she seems to be friends with all of them, but according to the pictures she's definitely getting a little snug with Captain Sensible. 

Did Mr. Payne forget about his beautiful girlfriend, Marielle Abasi? What does she think about this? Is there more to the story than meets the eye? Share your thoughts in the comments!  

I could feel pieces of my heart breaking as I read every word. There are only 2 pictures attached to the article: one of them is of Liam and the strange girl; she has long curly blonde hair, big green eyes and is wearing a flirty summer dress. My heart pains at the fact that she's much prettier and skinnier than I am, maybe that is really Liam's type and not me. The second one is of us from the red carpet of the album release party; he looks happy in both pictures but maybe happier with her? I shake my head as a few tears begin to stream down my face. Jade quickly gets off her chair and hugs me tightly, slightly rocking me side to side.

"Babe there could be an explanation for this, don't assume the worst." she says softly. I gently pull away from her hug and take out my phone, scrolling through my contacts. "Wait are you calling him?" she asks anxiously. I shake my head and press the green call button to the only person I know who will tell me the truth.

Liam's POV

We're all sat in the lounge of the studio after a long morning of interviews; Niall is absentmindedly strumming the guitar as Louis, Harry, Zayn and Lou are talking about something funny as I listen. I hear a phone ring and Lou's face immediately goes to her phone as she stands up and walks out of the room to answer it. The rest of the boys continue their conversation but I curiously watch Lou through the glass window. Her face goes from happy to full of worry and she's now talking fast as if she's explaining something, the person must've hung up on her because she quickly storms back into the room, eyes wide with fear.

"Liam, can I talk to you...now." she says firmly. I'm confused but I comply as I get up from the couch and follow her to the hallway.

"What's wrong? Who was on the phone?" I ask worriedly. She runs her hand through her hair and sighs.

"It was Mari...she thinks you're cheating on her with Symone." she states flatly. 

I can feel my knees go weak as I lean against the wall and squeeze the bridge of my nose with my thumb and forefinger. This can't be happening, I can't lose her.

"No no, Symone is just an intern at the label! How did she hear this?" My voice is mixed with anger and confusion. Anger that the press is always so quick to assume everything and confused on what Mari will do when I talk to her.

"She saw an article and a picture of you guys together. I tried to explain to her that nothing was going on but she wouldn't listen...Liam you need to fix ths or you're going to lose an amazing girl." her voice trails off.

I nod and quickly storm into another room, pulling out my phone from my pocket. I need to talk to her right now, I need to clear this up now. I refuse to lose the girl that makes me feel the happiest I've ever been over something completely untrue. I find her number and hit the green call button. I can feel my heart race quicken with each ring...please pick up...

"Hello?" a voice answers, it's not Mari's and it's definitely not happy. Of course it can only be Jade.

"Jade? I need to speak to Mari right away please." I say desperately. She sighs and I can hear her whisper something before turning over the call.

"Hello...?" Mari's voice is quiet and nervous and it breaks my heart.

"Babe, listen to me I can explain everything..." I begin.

"I trusted you, you know that?" her words fill me with guilt. I'm genuinely scared...I'm going to lose her if I don't tell her the truth right away.

"I know, but its not what you think. Symone and I aren't involved, she just works for the label and was showing us around. I never did anything with her. You're the only girl I want to be with, the only one I want to come home to. Please, believe me."

The other side of the line stays quiet for a few moments. "I...I can't...it just hurts to hear and see something like this especially after not being with you for so long. I'm just scared that there could be other instances that I don't know about..." I hear her whimper at her own thought and that's when I feel like the ultimate asshole. I've made my girlfriend cry, and I can't even be there in person to comfort her and show her how much I care for her.

"Babe...please...don't cry. I promise I didn't do anything." I breathe.

Another long pause. I can hear her sigh and sniffle her nose before speaking again.

"Okay...I believe you." she says quietly.

"Thank you babe, I miss you so much and I promise to be honest with you no matter what." I'm relieved that I didn't lose her over this.

"I miss you too. I'll talk to you later." her voice is still a little flat which I still feel guilty over.

"Okay baby. Only one more week." I say happily, hoping to cheer her up. Only one week stands in the way of me finally being reunited with her, I just hope she still isn't mad when the time comes.

"Yeah...goodnight."

"Goodnight." I manage to say before she hangs up. 

Marielle's POV

I hang up the phone and look up at Jade; I'm relieved that nothing's going on between him and that girl but I still can't believe that I had to go through something like that. I know that Liam's career involves a lot of travel, and I need to learn that I can't just assume that every girl he's pictured with is a girl he's cheating on me with. I trust Liam with all of my heart and I'm glad that hasn't ruin that for me.

"See, there's nothing to worry about!" she beams happily trying to cheer me up. I smile weakly and nod my head. I wipe the reminants of my tears and walk over to the calander on the refridgerator.

"One more week." I sigh before crossing out today's date.