Chapter 8

Wow, Liam's flat is so much bigger and nicer than mine, well when you're an international popstar I guess that's something you get to have. It has cute little kitchen in the corner right when you walk in, a huge living room with couches, a plasma screen TV and a huge window with a view of the pool we were just at. He goes on to give me a tour of the place, showing me his bathroom and his enormous bedroom. After the grand tour, we head back to the kitchen. Liam begins to scan the refrigerator as I take a seat on top of the counter, swinging my legs.

“Sorry, I don’t have much in here…I can make you a grilled cheese sandwich” he offers, holding up a packet of cheese slices and bread.

“Wow, that's a pretty fancy meal there.” I joke sarcastically, absentmindedly swinging my feet. He playfully rolls his eyes as he places a pan on the stove top and begins preparing the sandwiches, leaving them in the pan and turning back to me.

Liam’s POV

I look over to Marielle after putting the sandwiches on the stove top; she looks so cute just swinging her legs back and forth as she sits up on the counter. I'm really glad she's here today, I haven't been able to stop thinking about her since yesterday. I could tell that we were getting some curious looks from people who saw us holding hands and then having her be introduced as my friend. We just don't have a title and that's okay for now, I don't want to pressure her. I make my way to her and stand right between her knees, wrapping my arms around her waist.

“So…what do you want to do now?” I ask, my face inches from hers. She looks at me, her hazel eyes shining from the sunlight coming through the window. She shrugs her shoulders, looking a bit nervous. I wanted to tease her a bit so I leaned in closer, our lips barely touching. I couldn't keep the charade up long enough before finally kissing her, it's been less than 24 hours and I've been craving her lips on mine the entire time. She's so shy and seemingly innocent, but the second we kiss its like a fire ignites inside her and she becomes more confident, opening her mouth to deepen the kiss. She takes her delicate hands and runs her fingers through my hair, giving me goosebumps. I retort by running my hand down her exposed thigh, giving me a satisfactory reaction from her. Some time passes before she breaks the kiss, her face still close to mine as her uneven breath hits my face.

“Liam?” she whispers.

“Yes, beautiful?” I answer as romantically as I can

“The food’s burning.” she says flatly. What?!

I immediately turn around and she's right: there's a cloud of dark smoke and a few flames coming from the pan so I begin to panic. I grab the fire extinguisher from the cabinet under the sink and douse the flames quickly. Once it's completely out, I turn back to Marielle; her hands are covering her mouth, clearly suppressing either her shock or laughter. We both look at each other and instantly begin laughing, this entire situation is amusing. She hops off the counter and goes to examine the charred remains of our food, looking back to me with a sympathetic pat on the back.

“I think it's best you stick to your day job.” She continues to laugh as I pout. Her laugh is so cute and whenever she smiles I can't help but do the same. "I should go now, Jade's probably waiting for me." she sighs as she takes her purse off the counter and swings it over her shoulder. As she begins to walk towards the door, I grab her hand and spin her back around to face me, our bodies pressed together.

“You don’t think I’m letting you go that easy, do you?” I smirk, pressing my lips to hers. She smiles into the kiss as she puts her arms around my neck while I put mine around her waist. How does this girl have such an affect on me in such a short amount of time? I just want her to be mine.

“Liam…” she breaks the kiss and looks up at me with concern in her eyes “…what is this?” she quickly points to herself and then to me. Oh, I guess we're going to have that talk now. I thought of postponing that maybe until our third date (does today even count as I date? i hope so.) but if she wants to talk about it now that's what we'll do.