Chapter 1

Marielle’s POV

Why am I sitting here in this bar alone waiting for a stranger to show up? I told Jade a million times that I don't want to go on a blind date but she kept telling me that this guy is perfect for me. I've been single for awhile and I'm actually pretty content with it but Jade insisted that I get out and meet new people so here I am. It's been almost an hour since I showed up and there's still no sign of this guy, it's not like I know what he looks like anyway. I scan the dim room for anyone to talk to as a replacement but all I see are a group of older men playing pool in the corner, a few couples scattered around the dancefloor and the typical drunk sitting at the end of the bar with about 10 empty beer glasses surrounding him...no one exactly my type. I take another sip of my appletini and sigh to myself, I knew this was a bad idea. I probably should leave now, even if this asshole decides to show up now there’s no way I’d want to be on a date with him.

Liam’s POV

“Come on lads, I’m really not in the mood for going to the bar tonight.” I sigh. My best friend Andy and the rest of his friends just continue walking down the sidewalk with their own conversations, not minding me at all. Andy throws his arm over my shoulders as we make our way into the bar. I've been to this place a few times when I'm back home and I usually have a great time but tonight I'm just not in the party mood. Yeah I've just had a massive year in One Direction but I feel like there's something missing, and I doubt I'll find it in this little old pub

“Aw c’mon Liam, the band has had a pretty intense few months and now you’re on holiday! Let's live a little!" he cheered, his pregame shots of tequila already having its effect. The bar was dark with its usual loud music, partygoers and the smell of alcohol. Nothing exciting but I guess I'll stick around because I haven't seen Andy in ages. I took a seat at one of the tables in the back as Andy went over to the bar to order probably every bottle on the wall. After a few minutes he came back with a waitress following him with a tray of drinks and he quickly took the seat next to me and pulled me close so he could tell me something in my ear.

 "Listen mate, there's a girl sitting all alone at the bar and she's fit! You should go talk to her!" He pointed out a few meters in front of us and all I could see was a long waterfall of dark hair and the slight profile of a beautiful face as she quickly turned to the side to look around the room. From what I could see she looked pretty cute, it couldn't hurt to talk to her. I hope she's not here with another guy otherwise it might not end well. I nodded my head at Andy, got up and made my way over to the bar, ready to turn the charm on.

Marielle’s POV 

This is clearly a waste of my time, I need to get out of here. A huge group of rowdy guys just showed up and practically ordered the entire menu of drinks and I don't need to stick around to see the mess that is about to become of them. Just as I'm about to get up and leave a very attractive guy takes the seat next to me, is this the guy? No it can't be...it doesn't fit the blonde hair and green eyes description Jade gave me. I quickly turned to face the bar again, to shy to make eye contact. I can see that he's looking in my direction from the corner of my eye...he has short soft looking brown hair, is pretty tall and muscular with brown eyes. 

“Hi there, I’m Liam.” he said kind of loudly to overpower the music. I slowly turned my head to meet his warm eyes and bright smile. Yup, he's definitely talking to me.

“Hi I’m Marielle.” I replied, somewhat nervous. He looks familiar, but I just can't put my finger on it. I’m pretty sure we’ve never met, but there’s something about his face that I remember seeing once.

“I couldn’t help but notice that you’re sitting alone. Are you waiting for someone?" he asked, propping his elbow up on the table.

"I was, but not anymore." I replied shortly. It's embarrasing to be stood up by someone you've never met before, it's almost like they knew they weren't going to like you before they even saw you.

“Did someone stand you up?” I can see the concern in his eyes. He's not drunk which is good, and there's something about him that feels genuine.

“Yeah, I guess you could say that.” I shrug my shoulders and look back down at my half empty drink in front of me.

"What? That guy is a complete asshole, he clearly doesn't know what he's missing out on." he says, making me blush a little. 

I smile back at him but don't reply, what are you even supposed to say to that? I just scan my eyes around the room, even though I can still feel his eyes on me. Is there something on my face? 

"Are those your friends?" I ask randomly, looking over at the group of rowdy guys that came in recently. They're chanting as one of the guys gulps down an entire glass of beer, which causes both Liam and I to laugh.

"Yeah...they're a crazy bunch. I actually didn't want to go out tonight but now...I'm pretty glad I did." he looks back at me with a charming smile that makes my heart skip a beat. “What do you say we get out of here? Maybe go for a walk downtown?” He gets out of his seat and puts his hand out for me to take. Is this guy seriously asking me to go on a walk with him even though I met him like 10 minutes ago?

“And how do I know you’re not some creep trying to kidnap me?” I joke as I raise my eyebrows laughing at how weird this is.

He let out a chuckle as he shook his head. “I promise I’m not some creeper. C’mon Marielle, live a little."

I smile at his words and after a second to think about it, I place my small hand in his much larger one and get off the bar stool. I can't believe that after being stood up by a stranger I'm now leaving the bar with another stranger...something that should be so wrong but actually feels right.

Hello Readers!

I actually wrote this fanfic back in February of 2013 but looking back on it now I realize that it has a lot of grammatical, spelling and overall story line errors so that's why I'm editing it right now. It got over 2.4K reads with all of these errors so hopefully it will get a lot more when it's redone! 

If you guys want to follow me on Twitter: @BRlNGONTHEPAYNE (the i is a lowercase L) and let me know that you're reading it! Also please don't forget to vote and tell your friends about this story! There won't really be many author's notes on this story so if you want to know what's up just follow me on Twitter! Okay I hope you enjoy the story :)

~Michelle