Chapter 17

Because of the scheduling mix up with the photoshoot yesterday, the boys now had a day off to do whatever they want. Lou and I have already planned to get mani-pedi's together thinking that we'd do it while the boys were at their photoshoot so now I'm left with a pouty Liam who wants to spend the day with me. Of course I want nothing more than to spend the whole day with my boyfriend but I made plans with Lou now and I don't want to break them.

"But babe I wanted to spend the day with you." he whimpers, giving me the most exaggerated pouty lip and big wide eyes. I'm just putting the finishing touches on my makeup and with every word he says it makes me want to stop.

"I know, I'm sorry. But if you want we can go get lunch after we're done?" I offer, getting up from my chair in front of the mirror to sit on his lap and put my arms around his neck. Even though Liam and I have been dating for only a month, we are a lot more physical than I have been in any other relationship. The physical attraction between us is incredible, but we know never to take it too far this early in our relationship.

"I would like that." he says with a cute smile on his face. He tucks a few strands of hair behind my ear and slowly brings his lips to mine; his lips are so soft and plump and they just seem to fit with mine perfectly. The sensible side of my brain urges me to stop in fear of being late to my salon appointment with Lou.

"As much as I wish we could stay like this all day..." I begin as I break apart our kiss.

"That makes two of us." he chuckles, brushing our noses together.

"...I'm going to be late." I get up from his lap and smooth out my jean shorts and white lace top. I give him one last kiss before saying goodbye and going out the door. Lou is already making her way down the hall to meet me.

"Perfect timing!" she laughs, giving me a hug when she finally gets to me.

As I inhale another dose of the suffocating nail polish remover smell that fills the small nail salon I take a look at the finished product of my nails; I've just gone for the simple French manicure and it looks amazing. Lou is just about done with her black glittery nails and both of our manicurists get up to assist other customers while we wait for our nails to dry. I watch Lou as she watches the two women leave, eager for them to be far enough away from us.

"So...Louis told me about what you confessed to him and the other boys. I'm really sorry, babe." she says quietly to avoid people around us hearing. Of course I would never be mad at Louis for telling her, perhaps he thought that if another girl knew she would be able to help me.

I sigh, my face falling a bit. "It's okay. I was a naive girl back then...times have changed."

"Are you going to tell him? Even though it doesn't really affect your current relationship, I feel like its something you should tell him." she points out. Although I agree that my actions with another person in the past wouldn't affect me now, those actions have had a big psychological impact on how I view relationships now especially when it comes to intimacy. I guess something in my brain is just scared of history repeating itself so anytime I feel like I'm ready to take the next step with Liam it always shoots me back down.

"Yeah I know, I'm just trying to find the right time. You know...when he's not busy." She gives me a sympathetic smile and nods her head in agreement. Our mani-pedis were finally done and I'm really glad I got to have this special girl time with Lou, at least I'll have a good friend to hang out with next time I come with Liam on a work-related trip.

I part ways with Lou to go meet Liam at a restaurant across the street. As I walk I can already see him a few meters away and my focus on him causes me to collide with another person on the street.