Chapter 24

***1 week later***

I stand nervously at the gate of the terminal as I check my phone: 6:59pm, Liam's plane is supposed to land soon. I've forgiven him and moved on from the misunderstanding a week ago, it's not worth it and I miss him too much to stay mad at him when he gets back. These last 2 months have been miserable without him, I hope neither of us have changed too much. I look around the waiting area: a few old people, a man who looks a few years older than me, and a woman with 3 children. Before I know it people begin to file out of the gate terminal and I intently keep my eyes out for my beautiful boyfriend. After what seemed like ages I see him making his way out: he's wearing a plain black t-shirt with gray sweatpants rolling his large suitcase behind him. A huge smile breaks across both of our faces when we make eye contact; I'm finally seeing him in the flesh again and not behind a computer or television screen. I wait until he clears out of the line and begins making his way towards me before I speed-walk over to him. He drops his bag on the floor beside him and spreads his arms out, a huge smile on his face. I use this as a sign to jump and give him a hug, my legs wrapping around his waist. We both laugh as he grips his hands under my thighs to keep me up, the joy of finally being in contact with each other again on both our faces.

"I missed you so much." he chuckles, his voice muffled from inside my hair.

"I missed you to...welcome home." I whisper in his ear before kissing him properly. My heart melts as we finally share our first kiss in 2 months, I've missed his soft plump lips against mine. I don't care that we're in a terminal full of people watching us, he's back and that's all that matters. He gently puts me down and wrap my arms around his waist squeezing him lightly as I look up at him. He picks up his bag and we begin to make our way to my car.

"I bought some chinese takeaway before I came to get you so we can have dinner and catch up." I say sweetly as I drive to Liam's flat. I wish I can look into his big brown eyes but I have to keep my eyes on the road.

"Babe its like you read my mind!" he laughs, taking my hand and giving it a squeeze. 

As we walk into his flat and sit down on the couch, I place the takeaway bag on the table and begin taking out its contents. I hand Liam a box of noodles and chicken and give one to myself.

"So, what have you been up to?" he asks as he pokes around his food.

"Absolutely nothing, I've just been working and its a complete bore. I really want to hear about what you've been up to!" I beam. He's been traveling, meeting new people and sharing his music with the world for the past 2 months while I've been at home selling clothes.

"Well we went to Ireland, Scotland, France, Italy, Germany, Sweden, America and Japan and promoted the album. It was a lot of work but really really fun. The boys and I had a great time."

We continue to talk for awhile about all the places he's been to and what he saw and I'm just in awe of it all. I've always wanted to travel around the world and experience new cultures and Liam gets to do that as his job. 

"That's amazing! I'm going to go get some wine and we'll celebrate!" I say happily, getting off the couch and walking over to the kitchen. I've been to Liam's flat enough times to know where everything is so I grab a bottle of wine and 2 glasses and made my way back to the living room. As I come back into the room I see a bunch of trinkets on the table as Liam looks up at me smiling. "Oh my--what is all this?" I ask in awe.

"Well I know how much you wish you could travel so I brought you something from every country we visited." he explains as I walk over to him and set the wine and glasses on the table, not taking my eye off the table of trinkets for a second..