Chapter 29

Marielle's POV

Last night was hands down one of the best nights of my life, not just because of the physical intimacy Liam and I shared but because of how much he showed me he really loves me and that I really love him back. Although I feel a little sore from last nights events, I've never felt happier and I intend on spending today 100% dedicated to getting as much unpacking done as possible. We're starting in the bedroom in the most important and most difficult place: the closet.

"Babe, why don't we just split it down the middle?" Liam asks as he draws an invisible dividing line with his hand.

"There's no way I'm going to be able to fit everything, did you forget that I'm a girl who loves to shop?" I question, raising my eyebrow. I've never had to worry about living with anyone so hearing that I only get half a closet is totally new territory for me.

"How can I forget that?" he says sarcastically. "Well...why don't we both put our spring and summer clothes away in our storage space downstairs and use the closet space for just fall and winter clothes, then just switch in the spring." 

Damn, I have to admit Liam is one smart cookie. "Hmm...brauns and brains..." I joke, pinching his cheek condescendingly; I don't want to admit that he's right so I can't help but poke fun at him. He shurgs his shoulders with a smug look on his face and grabs me by the waist to try and kiss me. I turn my face away in defiance because I don't want him to have the satisfaction of being right, giggling to myself when I hear him huff in annoyance. 

"Come on babe you know you can't resist." he whispers in my ear. I roll my eyes, walking out of the closet and into the bedroom with him hot on my heels. He bends down to pick up a box at the edge of the door when I hear him yelp out in pain.

"Oh shit my back!" He groans loudly as I quickly rush to his side. I'm scared, not only because he's in pain, but because he's actually showing it instead of trying to be a "tough guy."

"Shh...its okay babe you're going to be alright. Here lie down on your stomach." I say soothingly as I usher him to the bed. I carefully take off his shirt before gently laying him down on the bed.

"Why did you take off my shirt?" he asks, groaning in pain.

"I'm surprised you'd even ask, I thought this was something you wanted." I smirk, trying to lighten the mood. "No, its nothing like that, wait here." I quickly go over to the bathroom and grab some lotion. I climb onto the bed and sit on on the back of his thighs with my legs on either side of him. I feel shy and awkward being on Liam in this kind of way but I push those feelings aside because this is to help him with his back. "Okay, where does it hurt?" I ask worriedly.

"Like lower back in the middle..." his voice is muffled slightly from the pillow. I dispense some lotion into my hands and began massaging his back. He begins groaning and moaning and I can't tell if it's from the pain or the massage but I continue, running the palms of my hands around his back trying to take out any knots that I feel. It's funny to see that he's practically puddy in my hands as he manages to say "You.....are.....amazing." in between groans. 

"Anything for you." I say coyly, suddenly realizing that may have came out a little more seductive than I intended. After about 20 minutes of massaging I carefully climb off him. "Now lets see if you can lie down on your back." I say, cautiously as I help him shift his body around. I can't stop my wandering eyes from staring at his now exposed abs and once again he takes notice.

"Come here." he beckons quietly. I bite my lip and take his hand as he places me on top of him again, this time sitting on his lower abs. He pulls me closer to him so that our faces are inches apart as my hair cloaks us like a curtain. "This is what happens when you don't kiss back." he tries to say as seriously as possible before a smile creeps onto his face.

"Well I guess that I made it up to you..." I respond shyly with a giggle, referring to the massage.

"Well, it was incredible but I don't think your debt is fully repaid yet." He smirks before gently tugging my head down for our lips to meet. This time I kiss back and let my hands roam around his chest and down his abs as his carefully start at my lower back before cheekily making their way to my bum. As nice as this is and how much I want to stay like this all day, my subconcious reminds me that there's a lot of work to be done on our new flat so I slowly pull away, a small whimper escaping from his lips.

"I'm going to finish unpacking now, you stay here and rest." I instruct, giving him one more peck on the lips before climbing off him and the bed.

"You know you're the biggest tease ever, right?" he practically exclaims. I turn back to sarcastically wink at him and saunter off to the closet to get ahead start on my half.

***1 Month Later***

"Babe, hurry up everyone's waiting!" I Liam shout from the living room. I'm putting the final touches on my makeup as I take a minute to reflect on everything on my mind; our first month of living together so far as been successful, each of us getting to know what each other is like. My new job is going great, being an Assistant Manager has made my hours a little longer but all the more rewarding. Some customers, mostly teenagers, have come up to me at work and say the recognize me (from the tabloids I assume) and ask for a picture but I've been told by my manager, as well as Liam's managerment, to politely decline because I don't to attract to much attention to myself. I'm in no way a celebrity, I'm only in the papers because I'm in love with a popstar so why would someone want to take a picture with me? I snap out of my thoughts as I hear Liam call my name again and I quickly rush out of the bathroom.

"Alright, alright I'm ready!" I say as I meet Liam in the living room. We're going to a new club with the boys and some other friends for their opening night so I can tell he's really excited; I'm not totally into the club scene but I'd rather have a night out with Liam than stay at home alone.

"I would usually complain that you take too long but when you come out looking that hot who can complain?" he winks as we walk out the door.

The entire VIP section is full of our friends as we finally arrived at the club. We say our hellos and instantly begin the night of drinking, dancing and fun. I sit down with Diana in one of the plush couches and try to talk over the pounding music while the boys are a few feet away drinking.

"So how have you and Harry been?" I smirk. I can't believe that they've kept this 'friends with benefits' thing for so long and still can't admit that they have feelings for each other. I guess its because they don't want feelings to get in the way and possibly ruin what they have going on, but I think they should just go for it anyway.

"Good, I guess. I always see him flirting with other girls but I just have to brush it off because we're not really together so its nothing for me to be mad about." she replies casually, shrugging her shoulders. I can tell that they chemistry between them is unreal, and it's so frustrating that they can't just be together! Liam told me that I'm not allowed to intervene anymore because 'they're big kids and they can figure it out for themselves' even though I want to work my matchmaking magic some more. "But you and Liam...have you...you know?" she giggles, trying to change the subject.

"Oh for goodness sakes Diana all you ever think about is sex!" I joke, playfully slapping her arm. I look over at Liam who is engaged in a conversation with Zayn and Harry. I study his features: his big bright eyes, his smile, the way his eyes crinkle up when he laughs...

I really really love this man.