Chapter 37

It's been 2 days since the horrific incident at my parents house. I've received dozens of calls and voicemails from my father asking what happened and why I left but I refuse to answer; he was never really the one that caused me to leave two years ago, it was mostly my mother. She was condescending, manipulative, judgemental and everything I would never be to my own children and because my dad feared her he would always take her side. I don't want any more contact with my mother from here on out; at first I was hoping that the dinner would help mend the broken relationship we had but all it did was justify why I left. 

I'm sitting alone in the living room of our flat typing away on my laptop, a quiet afternoon is exactly what I need right now. The snow is falling hard outside so I crank up the heater up and throw on a pair of leggings and one of Liam's sweaters. Liam and the boys have meetings and rehearsals all day so I use the time I have to try to look for a job; it's pretty clear that I'm not going to be asked back to Mode Belle anytime soon; Lisa has been texting me updates on what's been happening at the store and it's nothing positive. People still think I work there and every day there's be a different group of teenage girls that come around to see if I'm there, many people are beginning to speculate that I've been fired or quit, but the official statement is that I'm on vacation. I'm trying to find a job that would be easy for me to conceal, doesn't involve being in the public eye too much but still focuses on fashion. 

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear the door open and five boys loudly making their way in. I close my laptop and stand up to greet them, all the boys give me a hug and Liam purposely puts himself at the end of the line so he can sneak a cheeky kiss. 

"So Mari, what have you been up to today?" Louis asks as he plops himself on the couch. 

"Not much, just trying to look for a job." I shrug as I make my way into the kitchen to get the boys some tea. I bring out six mugs and a kettle on a tray and begin filling them with hot liquid, passing them down the line. After they've all got one I grab the last one for myself and sit on the couch next to Liam.

"Wait, I think I might know where you can get a job." Zayn pipes up, sitting on our big reclining chair across from me. I cock my head to the side and raise an eyebrow, silently asking him to elaborate. "Well I was talking to Perrie yesterday and she was saying how Little Mix needs a new stylist...and I kinda already mentioned your name."

All of us seem slightly in shock as we look over to Zayn and then back to me. "Me? As Little Mix's stylist?" I manage to say, bewildered at the idea. I'm a huge fan of them and I've briefly met Perrie on a few occasions but I don't know if I have what it takes to be their stylist.

"Well you don't get the job automatically, they have a lot of people applying so you'd have to get interviewed by them. But I definitely think you can do it. Should I let her know you're interested?" he asks, taking out his phone. I look up to Liam for his opinion, we're a team and we always ask each others opinions with big decisions like this.

"That sounds really cool! But only do it if you want to." he puts his arm around my shoulders and kisses my temple. I look back at Zayn and nod my head happily. He smiles and quickly sends a text to her. 

A few hours later, the other boys leave back to their own flats, leaving Liam and I alone. Zayn told me before he left that they've arranged an interview for me on Thursday, which is in two days. I have to bring a resume and also research and create outfits for each girl as if they were going to a huge awards show like the BRITs. Strangely creative, but this is Little Mix we're talking about, they need to find the best of the best.

"You'll be fine babe. You know fashion like the back of your hand." Liam coaxes as he puts his hands on my shoulders from behind me. I sit at the dining room table with a bunch of magazines and my laptop in front of me doing research on the girls' past outfits and their personalities to try to create something amazing.

"Yeah but its gotta be perfect." I respond monotonously, my eyes never leaving the screen. Liam has been trying to distract me for the past half hour by tickling me and sneaking cheeky kisses due to his own boredom but I refuse to give in.

He gently pushes all my hair to one side and from behind begins planting kisses on the back of my neck and shoulder. This sends a shiver down my spine but I refuse to make any indication that he's having an affect on me. He continues his actions, moving them up to behind my ear and across my jawline.

"Liam...no..." I whine quietly. I'm aroused by his actions but I can't forget all the work that has to be done.

He begins kissing and sucking on a small patch of skin under my ear that's sure to leave a mark. My eyes slowly fall closed as I tilt my head to the side to give him more access; my mind is telling me to get him to stop but my body won't listen. He chuckles at the fact that I'm now putty in his hands so he picks me up bridal style and carefully carries me over to the couch, our eyes never breaking contact. He gently lays me down on the couch as his body towers over me.

"I love you." he whispers.

"I love you too." I whisper back, a small smile appearing on my face.

He then presses his lips on mine as his tongue enters my mouth in a flurry of want and passion. My hand grabs the back of his neck to pull him closer so that there's virtually no space between us. I let out a small moan in his mouth and I feel him smirk slightly. He loves it when he knows that I'm completely under his control so he tries to savor every moment before my thoughts return to reality. My hands begin to roam around his body, desperate for more physical contact. My hands trace down his warm toned abs and down to the border of his shirt and pants. I'm nervous at first but I decide to try and take back the control by brushing my hand over the growing bulge in his pants. He pulls apart our kiss and presses his forehead to mine, smirking.

"Nuh uh uh, naughty girl. You have homework to do." he whispers teasingly before pecking my nose and climbing off of me. I instantly sit up in shock; did he just stop? My eyes are wide as I grit my teeth.

"What the hell!" I exclaim, frustrated in more than one way. He laughs and shrugs his shoulders innocently as he saunters into the bathroom. He has just proven that he has sexual power over me by teasing me to the highest point and then stopping...that bastard! I'll definitely have to get him back for that.