Chapter 2

As we leave the dark stuffy bar into the warm summer night we're left with slightly awkward silence. The only things that can be heard are some cars in the distance and the clicking of my heels against the pavement. I have no idea where I'm going but I'll just follow Liam and wait for him to strike up the conversation. I'm painfully shy around guys so it's best if he does so I don't make a fool of myself.

“So…what do you do for a living?” He turns his head to look at me as we walk, but I keep looking forward in fear of tripping on my very high heels and falling flat on my face.

“I work at a fashion boutique called Mode Belle, it’s a few blocks from here.” I reply nonchalantly. I love my job but it's not that exciting, plus not a lot of people come in the store because it's so expensive, so all I do is fold clothes and keep things clean for 7 hours a day. “What do you do?”

He looked confused for a moment, like my question was somewhat bizarre to him “I’m a musician.” He says coolly. A musician? Not your typical run-of-the-mill job…maybe that’s where I have seen him before. Maybe he's played at one of the open mic nights I've been to before...or maybe...

“Oh my god, now I know where I’ve seen you before! You’re in that band…oh jeez what was it called…” I stop walking and scrunch my nose as I look down trying to remember the name. “Oh yeah, One Direction!” It all makes sense! I've seen them on the telly once or twice before but I never really paid too much attention to them, they're not really my style of music.

He laughed “Yeah that’s me.” He put his hands in his pockets and studied my face. “You’re not freaking out like some other girls that I've met. Not to say it hurts my feelings or anything, its actually quite nice."

“Well yeah it's cool that you're famous and stuff but you’re just a normal person like me, you just happen to live a much more luxurious life.” I smile as I continued walking with him trying to catch up.

“Yeah I don’t mean it like that, its just that…you’re different….a good different.” He stops in front of me and places his hands on my arms, our bodies within inches from each other. I look up at him and I'm actually in shock of how much more gorgeous he is up close. His perfect jaw structure, that smile and the way his eyes and nose scrunches up when he smiles. He doesn’t seem like the typical pop star type: egotistical and hooking up with girls left and right.

“You’re not too bad yourself.” I smirk. I look up at our surroundings and notice that we're right at my apartment complex. “Well this is my stop.” I'm kind of sad to see that my night with Liam will end so soon, I'm enjoying his company.

“Let me walk you up.” He puts his hand on my lower back and escorts me to the elevator. The elevator ride up to the fourth floor is silent, but not awkward. I can see from the side of my eye that Liam is smiling to himself but before I can look over at him, the doors of the elevator open to reveal the fourth floor where I live. A few steps to the left and we arrive at apartment 426, the small place I call home.

As I go through my purse to fish out my keys, he places his hands in his pockets “This was fun, Marielle. I really would like the chance to see you again, maybe go on a proper date?” He seems nervous but I can't help but find it completely adorable. 

“I would love that. Here, let me see your phone.” I smile, holding my hand out. He almost instantly places his sleek black iPhone into my hand. I tap my number into his phone, adding a few Emojis just for fun and hand it back to him. He looks at his phone, a small laugh showing on his face.

“Well, Marielle Happy Face Flower Heart, I look forward to seeing you again!” He says while trying to contain his laughter. I join him in his laughter and mentally pat myself on the back for suddenly growing some confidence to give him my number.

Next thing I knew I found myself in one of the best hugs I've ever recieved. His large biceps wrap around me like a safety blanket and the smell of his cologne is intoxicating. With our arms still around each other, I look up at him and him back at me. I can feel this strange sort of magnetic force pulling us closer and closer together. I feel the urge to kiss him so badly, but I need to restrain myself. I barely know the guy, why would I kiss him and have him think I'm one of those desperate girls that throw themselves at him? I need to maintain my dignity and even play a little hard to get if I want something good to come out of this.

“Goodnight Liam.” I say quietly with a shy smile, slowly unwrapping myself from his grip. He looks slightly sad; did he actually want to kiss me too? Well it's already too late for that, hopefully one day. 

“Goodnight Marielle.” He responds quietly, kissing me on the cheek. I watch him from the doorway as he walks over to the elevator, giving me one last wave before stepping in as the doors shut in front of him. I wait until the door is shut completely before breathing a huge sigh and stepping into my apartment. I shut the door and lean against it for a few minutes as I collect my thoughts. I've just met this guy, who just happens to be a global superstar, and yet he already has such an affect on me.