Chapter 14 ; Guest Lists

Picture of Sophia in the media. 💙

****
( 2 days Later )

Kennedy's POV

((Kennedy's Apartment// 12:35 p.m.))

I stood in my bedroom folding clothes and placing them neatly into a suitcase. I was packing for the trip to Orlando, Florida.

I'm not sure how Laila will act on the plane. I was praying she would cooperate.

We're set to leave tomorrow morning. I hope Abel really comes through for Laila. I know it would mean the world to her if he came. Even though I dislike him , I want him to be there too. Sadly , I love him.

I wish I didn't. But I do. And nothing can make me stop.

I hate that.

I shake my head at these thoughts. In front of him I don't act how I feel. When I see him I want to hug him and kiss him . I want to tell him I love him and that I'll always be here for him , like he's been here for me. I want him to lay me down and make slow passionate love to me for hours and hours until my body goes weak and I'm fast asleep.

I hate those thoughts.

I lusted for another woman's man. After he cheated on me and lied to me. After he said horrible things to me. After he told me that he'd always be here, yet he did things to break me down.

Even though Abel is no good , he still runs on my mind like a track star.

Maybe I envy Sophia.

She's a successful model, she's rich, she's beautiful. She has something I don't. She has Abel. She gets to go to bed every night with him laying next to her.

The thought of him touching her caused anger to corse through my veins.

He shouldn't touch any woman , the way he touched me.

When I was crying and felt like I wanted to die, he would touch me so gently.

He's like my pharmacist. He prescribes an orgasm and that's enough to keep me high for a night.

I heard a knock on the door and I didn't realize I was biting down on my lip. I was frustrated and bit a little bit too hard.

I broke the skin and my lip was bleeding.

Before I went to answer the door , I went to get a tissue.

Without looking through the peep hole , I assumed it was Abel.

I hoped it was Abel.

But sadly.

It was Brandon.

"Heeeyyyy Cutie", he says with his hands behind his back.

"Hey", I say flatly.

He steps in and I close the door behind him.

"What's behind your back?", I ask.

He pulls out a bouquet of flowers.

"Only a dozen long stem red roses for a beautiful woman", he says smiling.

"I'm sure she'll love em", I say dabbing my lip with the wet towel.

"They're for you", he says.

"Duh".

He didn't sense my sarcasm?

"Thanks", I say taking them from him.

"You should put them in some water".