Chapter 5 ; "Where We Left Off"

Kennedy's POV

After Noticing Abel I seen he had a tight grip around someone's hand.

Someone I haven't seen in 2 whole months.

Laila Nicole Jordan

I could feel the back of my eyes burning with tears. I couldn't believe these two stood there.

I had to be dreaming.

Laila let go of Abel's hand and ran over to me. I wrap my arms tight around her. Instead of being happy to see me , Abel walked over and took a seat.

"Wait. You're the weeknd... Kennedy you know the weeknd?", sushi asks in amazement.

"Yeah we know each other a little too well", Abel says.

"You don't look too happy to be here", sushi says.

"Nope. I'm pretty damn upset", he says.

He glares at me.

"Is this supposed to be a private conversation?", sushi asks.

"If you don't mind", he says.

"See ya Kennedy", Sushi says standing up.

"Thank you", he says in a rude tone and turns back facing me.

Laila sat there quietly. Her attention was turned to her coloring book.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?", he asks.

It caught me by surprise.

"I spent all last night thinking of what I was going to say to you... When I see you again... If I see you again".

He said "if" with so much hurt in his voice. I stay quiet and nibble on little pieces of my muffin.

"I don't expect you to say shit...because I know you'll have some dumb ass excuse for what you did. I know for a fact it will piss me off", he starts. "But one thing I want to know is why?".

I couldn't look him in the eyes. If I did , I was afraid I'll start crying.

"You have a baby to look after. When you have a child it's not about you anymore. It's about that baby , until they grow up. If you died what the fuck do you think will happen to Laila. No I don't mean custody. Because obviously Kayla would take her in...but I mean emotionally. A child needs their mother... She will grow up and be just like you. Doing shit that you do....all because of the death of someone you care about. They didn't choose to take their lives and they were so precious to you. Why are you playing with God like that? He kept you here for a reason".

I was getting frustrated. He's blaming all of this on me? I remained silent.

"Kennedy I love you so much. Ever since the day I met you I knew you were something...special. But now I've grown to not love you in that way. When I heard you tried to kill yourself I felt every emotion possible. I was happy because you didn't actually die... Sad because you tried....scared because I was afraid you'd do it again...mad because how things have ended...", he adds. "I felt sick to my stomach thinking about you dead. You're so fucking stupid for even thinking and attempting to do some reckless shit like that".

This time I look up at him.

"If Laila tried to kill herself you would feel exactly how I feel", he says.

"Why are you here? You left me for someone else...".

"You pushed me away".

I could feel a tear rolling down my face.