Chapter 6; Plans

Abel's POV

I laid in the sand on my back. I had on a black Chicago bulls jersey with khaki cargo shorts. I was bare foot. I don't why I laid there like this in the cool , yet warm air of the sunset.

I could hear giggling from a small child.

"Abel! Come play in the water with me", I heard a little girl yell.

I sit up and I see Laila. She wore a purple one piece swimsuit with white polka dots on it. Her long hair was wet and curly. Laila was always small for her age. I knew she had just turned 5. But she looked much younger. She held a small child's hand. The baby looked about one years old. He wore sky blue swim trunks with yellow rubber duckies on them. You can see he had a swim diaper on under it. I couldn't see his face. He had a head of curly hair and he was Lightskinned.

I didn't ask the baby's name or who he was. I just got up and walked toward them. I took the small child's hand and he looks up at me.

He had hazel eyes and he looked just like me when I was a baby. I almost gasped in surprise.

"Da-Da", the baby says.

"Yes Lil Man?", I responded.

"Water", he says pointing at the ocean that ran against our bare feet.

"Yeah. Can you say ocean?", I ask.

"Ocean", he says. Which sounded a lot like O-ten.

"Daddy", Laila says.

I look around. It was just us.

"Daddy", Laila repeats.

I realized that she was looking at me.

"Yes?", I respond.

"I'm hungry", she says. "When is mommy coming back with the food?".

"I don't know".

I'm not Laila's Dad. But she just called me Dad. There was no doubt that I wasn't this little boy's dad. Did me and Kennedy have a child?

Cold ocean water rolled up to my feet. Causing the sand to get softer underneath me.

"Look Daddy! Here comes a wave", Laila yells excitedly.

The water rolls in and knocks over a sandcastle.

"Hey! Daddy the water messed up me and Abey's Sand castle".

"Abey?".

"Hey guys! I made sandwhiches! I heard Kennedy yell".

I turn around to see her in a black bikini. She held a picnic basket.

"I decided we can have lunch out here", she says.

She had stretch marks on her tummy that were never there before. Those had to be recent.

"Come here Abey", Kennedy calls out to the baby.

He smiles and reveals 4 little teeth. He runs toward Kennedy with his arms up.

"Ma-Ma", he says giggling.

She sets down the basket and picks up the baby. She places him on her hip and gives him a kiss.

"How's my lil man doing?", she asks.

I grab a blanket that was brought out here and I lay it down on the sand. We all sit on it and take the food out of the basket.