Prolouge

The Week Before

I clink my fork against my wine glass. My heart was thumping but I was ready for what I was about to say.

Sophia and I decided to throw an Anniversary party. It was a black tie event and friends and family were invited.

It wasn't really much of my idea , but anything for my Princess.

"May I have your attention please", I say clearing my throat.

People's heads turned in my direction.

"Thank you all for coming... I wasn't really for this idea of having a party...that's formal. But My Baby here convinced me into sharing to you all , how much I love her. Sophia baby...you're one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I know were both busy and working , and we can barely see each other when we want, but when we are together you make me feel like the luckiest man on earth. I'm so happy to say that I spent 365 days with you. I think during this past year...with one another...we've changed each other for the better. I love you with all of my heart Sophia Grace Harrow. Happy Anniversary".

People clapped and Sophia stood to her feet to give me a kiss.

"I love you too baby", she says.

When the clapping died down I stuck my hand in my pocket and gripped the little velvet box.

"Also...I brought you a gift", I say.

The faces that watched us were eager to figure out what it was.

"What did you bring me? Abel you didn't have to", Sophia says smiling.

"No I wanted to", I say.

I pull out the velvet box. It was black.

Before I could speak I was cut off.

"Oh my god! Yes ..yes! ! Yes ! I will marry you!", she says jumping up and down.

People stood up and cheered.
I didn't even get to open the box yet.
I could feel my face heating up with embarrassment.

"Chill. It's not an engagement ring", I say chuckling nervously.

The crowd Awed. Sophia's face fell.

"Then what is it?", she asks.

"I bought you earrings", I say opening the box for her to see.

"Oh. Abel these are beautiful", she says taking the box out of my hand. "Thank you".

"You're welcome", I say.

I give her another kiss.

"We also will be moving in together this week", I say announcing to the crowd.

"Yes. I'm so excited", Sophia says.

People clapped and we took our seats.

"I'm sorry", I whisper in Sophia's ear.

I noticed her face got a little red , even under that makeup.

"No. It's fine honey", she says.

"It's good to know you would say yes if I proposed".