Dumb Mistake (chapter 16)

• Dedicated to Shayna Lee

HARRY POV

I slam open the back door quietly, hoping not to wake anyone up.

It is eight in the morning, but these lazy birds usually sleep in. And they should, they deserve it. They work hard and are great boys…anddddd I don't wanna explain where I have been all this while.

--FLASHBACK--

I have been on this swing until my legs start to get tired from pumping back and forth. I'm pretty tired. I check the time on my watch as I rub  my eyes. I decide on taking a drive around town to relax my mind from the aggressive and depressing thoughts that keep on coming back to me. I spot a 24/7 open Starbucks, and park in front on the empty road. I'm the only one insane enough to get coffee at this hour.

I buy myself a large decaf coffee with milk and a blueberry cheese muffin with some of the change I found around my car.

I dump six packets of sugar in my bitter coffee, and stir it. I take a sip testing the taste, add more more packet, stir it, and throw out the stirring stick. I cover the coffee with the lid again, and chug it down, taking a big bite out of my muffin.

I go outside and click my unlock button on my keys and finish up my muffin, sipping up the last bit of coffee leaning against my car, enjoying the feel of the chilly morning wind against me.

I throw the paper the muffin was wrapped in and the empty paper cup out in a nearby garbage. I sit back in the car sighing, slamming my head back against the head rest as my mind replays Shayna's emotionless yet impossibly detailed face as I called her Danielle.

I wonder if she'll ever forgive me.

'Of course she will!' I hear a voice say in my head. 'She HAS to.' The voice desperately says again, the words echoing in my head painfully for what seemed like hours.

I gear my car into drive and spot a gym. I park by it, and see a few cars parked around here too, meaning there will be some guys there and I won't be the only one.

When in doubt, workout.

--END OF FLASHBACK--

LIAM POV

"Liam!" I hear a voice whisper to me.

I mumble random words that make no sense, stretching my arms and legs out.

"Liammmmm!" The voice sings now.

I mumble something illegible next, grabbing a pillow and holding it down over my head to block out the person's voice.

"LIAM! LIAM! LIAM! LIAM! LIAM! LIAM! LIAM! LIAM!" The person screams on replay, grabbing my pillow and hitting me (not lightly either) every time they said my name. "WAKE UP!" They shout directly into my ear.

"OWWWW!" I whine irritated, having no tolerance for any bull shit before I drink my energy juice. "What time is it anyways?" I ask.

"Two thirty in the afternoon," The person says, and I snap my head up my eyes wide, suddenly VERY awake.

I jump out of bed and rush into the bathroom, but stop as my green blinking clock catches my eye.

I turn my glare back at them.

"IT IS EIGHT FORTY FIVE!" I fume, throwing the pillow at them.

She smirks. "Well, now that you're already awake, you might as well get dressed now!" Danielle exclaims, trying hard to hold back a smile, dropping my pillow back on my bed.