Chapter Eight: Auditions

Today was Friday and I was freaking out.

I have been awake since three-thirty in the morning and I can't go back to sleep. I am extremely nervous for singing auditions. I just hope I don't embarrass myself.

I am already dressed and ready to leave. I decided to wear black skinny jeans and a denim shirt. My brown hair is braided to the side and I am wearing my Converses.

"Kendall, are you ready to leave yet?", John asks from outside my door. "Yep. Just let me grab my bag.", I say, swinging the strap over my shoulder and walking out the door.

When we got to school I met up with Q in the courtyard. Her bright red hair was pulled up into a messy bun and her thick square glasses were perched atop her nose.

"Hey Q. How's it going?", I ask casually, trying to sound like I'm not nervous about auditions. "Oh my gosh, what happened to you? You look like you were hit by a bus!", Q exclaimed. "Is it really that bad?", I ask a little too quickly. "Is this about auditions? You're going to be fine. They'd be idiots if they didn't pick you. Just take your hair out of the braid and you'll look beautiful. Don't worry about it.", She told me confidently. I just nodded in response. Then something caught my eye.

John was with the same blonde girl I saw him kissing on Monday. He was laughing at something she said. A small bubble of anger filled me. Who is this girl?

"Q, who's that girl talking to John over there? The one by the mathematics building?", I ask. I couldn't contain the jealousy in my voice. "Jealous?", Q asks with a knowing grin.

"What? No! Eww!", I say quickly, hoping that the idea that I have a thing for my foster brother disappears from Quinn's mind. "I'm just curious what her name is.", I try to explain to Q. "Sure you are. But her name is Zoe Dashwood. And yes, I'm pretty sure they're dating.", She says smiling tauntingly.

"I wasn't going to ask that.", I tell her, blushing. "Sure you weren't.", She replied. I rolled my eyes.

The bell rang, disrupting our argument.

"Whatever Q. I'll see you later.", I reply walking to the English building, before she can tease me more about John. "Bye, and this conversation isn't over!", she calls after me.

Then I see John kiss her again. Ugh. I'm not sure why but I don't think that I like this girl. But it couldn't be because I have a thing for John. No. I don't have a thing for John and that is that. Period.

I could tell this was going to be a long day.

•~•~•

"Kendall!", A voice I knew all too well shouted. "What do you want, Will?", I asked. I dislike Will now that I know about John and Tabitha. "I want you to come to my party tonight.", He said.

No way. I vowed to myself that I would never go to a High School party after what John told me about Tabitha. Especially one with alcohol. And Will's parties always have alcohol. At least so I've heard.

"No.", I told him. "Not the correct answer my little Kenny. You're supposed to say 'yes of course I will do anything you want me to, babe.'", he says. "Babe?", I question. This has gotten somewhat sexual quickly. And please never call me babe again.

Will sighs in defeat. "You're going to that party Kenny. Wether you like it or not.", He tells me and walks away.

Kenny? I hate that stupid nickname.

I look up to see Hannah giving me a death glare. I flash her a smile to show that I'm not afraid of her. I mean, it's clear that my fate has already been sealed. Then I walk away from her and toward Physics class.