Chapter Three:Bikers & Apologies

I couldn't believe that I just puked on John. This was by far the most mortifying moment I have ever experienced. I couldn't think at all. I had no idea what to do. So I ran. I flat out bolted.

I sprinted out of the dining hall and down the unfamiliar corridors. I ran out of that pretty pastel green door and onto the sandy beach.

Then I continued, blocking out John's shouting in the distance. He kept yelling for me to stop, but I couldn't bring myself to. It was as if my legs had a mind of their own.

My bare feet made an annoying squishing sound as I sprinted, flinging wet sand behind me. A gust of wind blew my towel off my shoulders, but I didn't go back to retrieve it. I just left it there and continued to run, the air chilling my bare skin. My bathing suit didn't offer much warmth, and the wind didn't help that at all.

I didn't know how long I ran until my aching legs gave out, and I fell onto the moist sand. I had never been one for exercise, and I had just ran faster than I had in years. My metabolism was enough to keep me slim, but I certainly wasn't athletic.

I sat up lazily and watched the waves roll in, then head back out to sea. Even in the dark, the blue waves of the ocean amazed me.  It was as if the ocean never ended as it extended past the horizon.

Never ending. Kind of like my bad luck and tendency of humiliation.

I squeezed my eyes closed, feeling embarrassment burn in my cheeks. Why had John not reminded me to change out of my bathing suit in the first place? Did he do that on purpose or did he not notice? I mean, it couldn't have been that easy to surpass something as obvious as that. Why did I have to puke, oh god.

I bit my lip feeling tears well up in my eyes. Where would I go? Should I go back to that unfamiliar house where I now lived? Should I go somewhere new? Should I run away?

I shook my head. Nothing seemed like a good decision anymore. I had so many questions, and even more worries, but they remained unanswered. After about thirty minutes of just sitting on the beach in the seemingly freezing air, I finally decided to pick myself up go back to the mansion. I had to face the Masons eventually. Might as well just bite the bullet.

But when I finally snapped back into reality, it was so dark that it was hard to see anything that wasn't within fifty yards. The sun had already gone down, the only light being the half moon reflecting off the water. An uneasy feeling filled my stomach as I came to a miserable conclusion.

I had forgot which way I came.

I mentally cursed myself, running my hand through my hair in frustration. I was such and idiot. A stupid, stupid idiot.

As I looked right and left, despair came over me. The beach was completely dark and even if I could see down the beach, I probably wouldn't be able to recall where anything was either. The waves must have washed away my footprints, and now I was like the main character in a sad, sad retelling of a second-rate princess movie.

Eff my life.

This was very bad. Not only had I ruined my chance with my foster family, but I was lost. Completely and utterly lost.

I looked around for any other people who could possibly help me, but the beach was deserted. I was alone in a foreign place, wearing only a bikini while I was trying to figure my way around the worst mortification of my entire existence.

Then, further up the beach, I saw a neon sign pointing to a dark colored building. A bit of hope arised in me.

But than I read the sign. Highway Thrill Biker Bar.