Chapter Six: Q is for Questions

Crap. Why can nothing go the way I want it to?!

Jumped onto my feet and brushed past Will. I was just out the door when I was stopped yet again.

Will was holding onto my hoodie sleeve, enabling me from escaping. "Wait Kendall.", he said. I stopped walking and turned around. His face was filled with desperation.

"We need to talk.", He finally said. "Well we're both late for class, so can it wait?", I asked him hopefully. "No. But I won't tell you now.", He said tauntingly. I sighed with annoyance. "Just tell me.", I commanded him. "Nope.", he replied slyly. Curiosity ate at me, but I was late and needed to go. "Whatever. Look, I need to go. So bye?", I told him. Why does he have to be so immature?

Then I started sprinting across the courtyard, and into the English building. I just hope Mr. Goldberg doesn't make a big deal about my lateness.

"Thank you for joining us Miss Hanks.", Mr. Goldberg said sarcastically. "Sorry.", I said quickly, walking to my seat with my head down. I was blushing, and I didn't want anyone to see it.

Then I tripped. Panic filled my chest. I fell onto the hard floor at the feet of the 'Heartless Ice Queen', no other than Hannah Mason herself.

My palms burned from the impact. My face was even more red.

Laughter filled the air. I looked up at Hannah. She took out her iPhone and took a picture. "Priceless.", She said. Then she glared at me and made a snarky comment,"Hey Kendall. Have a nice trip?" Then she flipped a strand of hair over her shoulder and continued to laugh tauntingly.

Rolling my eyes, I stood up and walked over to my chair ignoring the evilness of High School. Ugh, I hate English class. Then things got even worse.

The English door swung open making Mr. Goldberg jump. Mr. Goldberg looked angry with all of the disturbance in his class.

Will walked into the English room grinning like an idiot.

Oh gosh. Oh no. Why. Why!

"Mr. Farnsworth!", Mr. Goldberg exclaimed,"What is the meaning of this?!"

"Uh, sorry sir.", Will said without any sincerity. "You better be sorry. I have to ask, does this have anything to do with Miss Hanks tardiness?", He questioned.

No, no, no, no. Not happening. Not happening.

"Umm..."

"Mr. Farnsworth, we don't have all day.", Mr. Goldberg said impatiently.

Will met my eyes asking what he should say.

I shook my head and looked at him desperately.

"No sir. I had... car trouble.", Will said with unsureness. The way he said said it sounded like more of a question than a statement. "You, had car trouble?", Mr. Goldberg questioned.

I was screaming at Will from inside my head. Seriously. Car trouble? I mean, who would ever believe that? Will had just gotten a new Ferrari for his seventeenth birthday. And Will took very nice care of his cars, so 'car trouble' has never and probably will never happen to him. So his excuse was not real at all, whatsoever!

For some miracle-like reason Mr. Goldberg didn't say anything else about Will's extremely unrealistic excuse and carried on with class. But he still gave us punishment. The rest of English class he gave us a very long and boring lecture about why not to be late for class. Then he assigned a mountain of homework. I would never be late for that class again.

But that wasn't even the worst part of the punishment. The worst part was that Hannah was glaring at me with hatred. And that made me squirm in my seat. She knew I talked to Will. And she wasn't happy about it. I wonder what she's going to do...