Chapter XX: Crossed Paths (Part 3)

Start from the beginning

"I want you to look for clues and find the whereabouts of your missing friends," Yen Sid responded, making Lea's eyes light up in alarm. "I believe that only in that world will you find answers that you desperately seek as well."

Lea's eyes narrowed, looking to the ground as Yen Sid mention his missing friends. "Right...I need to find them." Then, he looked up at the master and nodded. "You can count on me, but...what about my training? Don't I need the Mark of...whatever too?"

"In due time you will need to take the Mark of Mastery," Yen Sid told him, folding his arms. "But the time is not now. With the help of the three good fairies and I, we have already quickened the growth of your new found powers."

"Well alright if that's how it is," Lea cocked his head and put his hands on his hips. Then turning to Riku, Mickey and back at the Disney wizard, he shrugged. "Well then I better leave if I'm going to go find some answers. But don't worry, I'll be back in one piece."

Then with a wave of his hand, Lea began to walk out of Yen Sid's room. Riku nodded as he started to leave. "Stay sharp Axe..." Noticing his mistake, Riku quickly shook his head and corrected himself. "Lea."

Lea turned around and looked at Riku with a smirk and pointed to the top of his head. "So you've got it memorized don't you?" With that said, Lea finally left the room, leaving Mickey and Riku left for their own tasks.

"For you two," Yen Sid said to the two of them, closing his eyes and stroking his beard. He left them hanging as his mind began to trail off, deciding on what their missions would be at this point in time. "Due to the lack of time we have in our hands, I will need to give you both separate tasks."

Mickey and Riku looked at each with questionable expressions on their faces as the continued to listen to the master's words.

"Mickey," the master turned to Mickey, who stood up tall and alert. "I need you to find Kairi as quickly as you can. Track down her whereabouts and bring her back safe and sound."

"Does this mean I will be looking for Aqua then?" Riku asked the master.

Hesitating for a moment, the Disney wizard shook his head. "Aqua has chosen her path to seek answers," Yen Sid said gravely. Then he kept his gaze at his old apprentice. "Mickey, once you have found Kairi, I want you to follow Aqua and ensure her safety. We cannot let Xehanort harm our friend as he has done so before."

"Leave it to me!" Mickey put his hand proudly on his chest. Then without hesitation, Mickey Mouse ran out of the tower, embarking on his journey.

Watching Mickey leave, Riku folded his arms in wonder and confusion. "So if I'm not searching for Kairi or Aqua," Riku looked down at the ground in deep thought. "Then...what is my task Master Yen Sid?"

"Ah yes..." Master Yen Sid began stroking his beard, nodding his head. "As Keyblade Master, I must entitle you to certain knowledge. You have talked to the three good fairies already?"

Recalling moments earlier with his conversation with the three good fairies, Riku nodded. It was the time when Kairi and Aqua had disappeared as well. "I do. They told me about Maleficent and Pete and something about the 'Book of Prophecies.' Those guys never give up do they?"

"Indeed they do not. Long ago before the Keyblade, there were five foretellers that were each given the Book of Prophecies in order to foretell future events. Although the whereabouts of the book is uncertain, I am certain however, that the Book of Prophecies exists out there in the world, but in a different form."

"A different form?"

Yen Sid nodded. "Yes. And Maleficent has learned about the Book of Prophecies. Therefore I give this first task as a Keyblade Master, Riku: find the missing clues to the foreteller's prophecy and where the Book of Prophecies may be. We must protect the book at all costs. Maleficent must not find the book."

Pausing and thinking about what the master had said, Riku stared hard at the floor. "So you want me to find more about the foretellers and the Book of Prophecies, right? But...where do I even start?"

"Start where it all began," Yen Sid told him. "The place where all things started and will end: The Keyblade Graveyard."

"The Keyblade Graveyard?"

"Yes. But be wary, for Xehanort and his forces may try to through you off the path. Do not be fooled by the darkness that surrounds the deserted world."

Then with a bow, Riku understood what he had to do. "Yes master!"

.

.

.

.

.

.

*Author's Note 7/8/15:

Well that's the short end of Part 3 of Crossed Paths. Now the actual venturing to other worlds really begins. (Hooraaaay) 

I recently watched the KH 3 trailer and did some more research on KH 3 discovering more information that could tie into the new game. It's interesting to see how all the KH games really cross paths together and I'm curious to see how it turns out in the actual game. As more information on KH 3 comes out I'll incorporate more things in the story as time progresses.
I sound like a total geek for trying to make a KH 3 possible story (despite my lack of knowledge on KH in some areas) but I'll continue to do my best. :) I'll be reediting chapters in the meantime. 

So to basically sum up my rambling, there won' t be updates for a while. (Don't know how long but probably months) But for those who have read this far, thank you for encouraging me to continue updating and writing! When I come back I'll be sure to have lots of chapters updated *U* So hyped for KH 3 YEAH!

(Oh and if you haven't seen the E3 trailer for KH 3, if you look at the calendar in the scene where Eraqus and Xehanort are playing some kind of chess game, you'll notice that the calendar may show the release date of KH 3 which will either be this October 2015 (I think that that date is way to soon) or December 2016. Thought I'd point that out! Cheers!)