Chapter 17

This is an actual update... Sorry about the glitch but I think I fixed it
_________________

Sophie's POV

"Are you ready to see your house and your neighbor hood?" My mom asked excitedly from the drivers seat. Ever since I was discharged she's been in a very good mood.

I smiled at her and nodded. To be honest, I was excited to see my house. In fact, ever since Doctor Shepard told me about being able to go back home, it's been all I was thinking of. But also at the same time nervous... What if I'm just putting false hope.

I heard my mom sigh as she saw me nervously shaking my leg. "Sophie," she called my attention from the window to her, making me stop shaking my leg. She took a deep breath "You have to understand that you might not get your memory back the second you walk into the house. It might take a while, or it might not take any time at all." my mother spoke as if she read my thoughts. I slightly smiled at her grateful for her advice before averting my eyes back out the window. She was right though, it might take a while.
I sighed as I leaned me head on the window. At least this is better than being cooped up in that horrid hospital room.

********

"Here we are." my mom announced as she unlocked the door and lightly swung it open.

I slowly step inside before looked around the house. A few feet in front of me were stairs which I'm guessing lead upstairs to my mother and my bedrooms. I turned to my left and saw a huge couch with a TV in front of it. To my right was what I'm guessing is the dinning room, seeing there was a huge table with a bunch of seats surrounding it. I stepped into the dinning room and looked around. It was pretty modern. There were a few paintings around the rooms and a big cupboard full of fancy plates and cups. We probably use those when we have guests. There was a doorways that lead to the kitchen and another door which was closed. I slowly made my was to the door and cautiously opened it, as if expecting a dead body to be there. Thankfully, there wasn't. All there was were a bunch of different instruments along with a grand piano. The afternoon light shined in from the window on to the piano, making it shine. I hesitantly stepped towards the piano and lightly ran my figures over it. When I picked my hand up again, I realized that there were full of dust. I wrinkled my nose as I wiped the dust off on my pants.

"This used to be your favorite room." A voice spoke from behind me and I jumped slightly. I turned to see my mom standing at the doorway. She offered me a small smile. "Your grandfather, my father, loved music. Whenever he came to visit he would spend all his time in this room." She walked over to me, "When you were born he instantly fell in love with you and as did you. once you were older, about 4 or 5, your grandfather and grandmother would come to visit you and your brother ever weekend"

"Wait, I have a brother?" I asked in awe. She nodded her head sadly.

"Yes, Luke."

"Where is he? Is he home?" I asked my mother and she shook her head again.

"No." I notice how she stopped there.

"Well, where is he?" I pressed on wanting more information.

"He doesn't want anything to do with this family anymore." she said quietly. My eyes widen but I nodded like I understood even when I had a million questions flowing through my head.

"Anyway, when your grandfather would visit he would bring you to the music room-this room- and teach you to play the piano and the guitar. You were very good at both, but you loved the piano more. You and your grandfather were best friends. He taught you hart and soul and you'd play it every day when you were 5. When you were 7 you wanted to learn harder music, so your grandfather taught you a few Mozart pieces, few Bach, and so many more. When you were 9 you even entered a competition and won first place. your grandfather looked like the happiest person in the work that day." I smiled, he must of been a good man. "You continues to compete in competitions and almost all of them you won first place. you were so good at it." she smiled at the memory and I couldn't help but join her. "When you were 10 he passed away. You were so sad that you gave up on playing the piano. You never walked into this room since- well until now." she explained. My mind was trying to comprehend everything she said.

"Oh." Was all that I could say. She sighed before standing straight.

"Well, I'm going to start making dinner. If you want you could go and watch tv or go to your room or keep exploring, even though there isn't much to explore in this house." she chuckled slightly before exiting the room.

I stood there, looking at the piano for a few more minutes before I too exiting the room.

________
HI EVERYONE!

I'm so sorry for the glitch that happen yesterday :/ hopefully I fixed it but I don't know yet, so if it ever happens again you are now aware.

BUT 6K READS!!? THATS OPSERD!

I feel like in every chapter I always say the same stuff ;D

But THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

I tried made this chapter long for all you amazing people.

XOXO

-F