Chapter 18

IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE AT END
________
*Not edited*

Bens POV

"But really, if you but a soft potato in a fan, won't it chop it up?"

"Oh my god." David groaned and Blaine face palmed while Andrew looked at us defensively. I just shook my head and took a chunk out of my sandwich. Andrew isn't the brightest kid in the world, but he can be loads of fun... When he isn't trying to be a dumbass.

"Hey, Ben." Mara, David's girlfriend, call out and I looked across the table to her, "have you heard anything about Soph?" Ever since the first day that Sophie sat at this table Mara has been blabbing about finally having a girl in the group. She practically obsessed with Sophie- not in the creepy way, of course.

I went to explain how I talked to her mom but I was interrupted by a booming deep voice.

"Students! Please listen up, I have an announcement." principle Terrnor voice filled the cafeteria. I gave Mara a I'll-tell-you-later look and she just nodded.

"Now, as you may know about 3 mouths ago one of our students- Sophie Evans - was put into the hospital." Suddenly the whole cafeteria went dead quiet at her name. I too sat up straight, along with the rest of my table, to listen better. Ever since the "accident" there have been so many rumors about Sophie and what happened, so people were interested in what Terrnor had to say. "Well, good news is she has been discharged and is coming back to school next Monday-" to my surprise, a bunch of cheers erupted from the cafeteria. My whole table got up and started to whoop loudly, and I joined them. I even caught one of Julia's wanna-be's clap, not for long after Julia stomped on her toe. It's not that I thought Sophie had no friends, I just thought that she was always too cooped up and shy to make many.

"Yes I know, very exciting." Terrnor said, trying to quiet everyone down, I took my seat again and couldn't help the huge grin that had made its way to my face. I remember Mrs.Evans telling me about Sophie coming back, but I didn't think it would be so soon.
"But, there is some bad news." I sat up, why couldn't there only be good news for once. I could see Blaine from the corner of my eye who was looking at Terrnor with a worried expression, "Unfortunately, Mrs.Evans has lost her memory." There were a few gasps from the crowd, one being form Mara. (A/N-sorry if it's sort of cheesy... Oh well) I frowned a bit I'm confusion, I'd thought that Sophie got her memory back since she's coming back to school.

"Most of you are wondering why Mrs.Evans would be coming back with no memory. Well, her doctors think that if she is surrounded by familiar faces and places
(A/n- hey, that Rhymes.) that maybe it will spark her memory...

"So, when Monday comes along and you see Mrs. Evans walking down the halls, please do not be offended if she does not remember you and please, please,try to keep her comfortable. Imagine if a random person walks up to you and hugs you while you don't know who they are, you would be a little bit scared, correct?" The cafeteria was silent, indicating a yes. "Good. Now enjoy your lunch and have a good day." Terrnor said before walking off.

My table was silent for a second, even David who wasn't usually on good terms with Sophie.

"Wow." Andrew spoke first. we all nodded.

"Gosh, poor thing. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose your memory." Mara said as she rested her head on David's shoulder. Blaine just stared down ya his pasta. He's been Farley quiet for a while now, and I couldn't help but think it had something to do with Sophie.

"I'd never though that I'd say this, but I can't wait till Monday." David said, trying to lighten up the mood. he earned a few half hearted chuckles.

I agree with you, David. Can't wait till Monday to see my sunshine again.

***********

-6 days later-

Sophie's POV

Today's the day.

Today's the day that I go back to school...

Wow, I don't even know what it's called.

I nervously play with lose strings of my shirt as I sit in my moms car as she drove an unfamiliar road, supposedly to my school.

"Are you excited?" My mom asks from the seat to my left. I look at her and force a grin to my face as I nod. The last thing I want is for my mom to worry about me even more than she already is. She looks like the type of person who is stressed most of her life... Hopefully it's not because of me.

After what feels like years, we drive down a parking lot in front of a huge brick building.

Mikey High School was written on a big sign in front of the school. I silently gulp as we park the car. What if I get lost? What if people are mean to me? What if my old friends don't like me anymore because I can't remember them? What if -

"Sophie, honey?" My mom breaks me away from my thoughts and I look at her, "are you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."

____________

Hey guys!

Hope you like this chapter, I promise the next one will be better :)

But.....

I was wondering if any of you guys were willing to make a trailer for this book?

If you do, send me the link in a private message and I'll post it as the side video thingy in my next chapter.

Thanks!

XOXO

-F