Chapter 3

"Morning Mom" I said as I took a seat at the table, filling my plate up with pancakes. My mom chuckled at me

"What?" I ask with a mouth full of pancakes

"And I thought your brother ate a lot." She shaked her head as she continued making pancakes. I slightly stiffen at the mention of him. He hasn't come home in a while. While he was drunk, him and my mom got into a fight, which ended up whither him saying something along the lines of 'I'm done with all this shit' and slammed the door behind him.

"Wow mom thanks" I said sarcastically coming back to relaity. I heard knocking on the door. "Got it" I said as I got up and walked to the door. When I open it there was Ben.

"Hey girlfriend" he said as he wiggled his eyebrows. I was staring at him like I've seen a ghost. What the heck is he doing here?

"Um.... Not to be rude or anything, but what are you doing here?" I asked as nicely as I could.

"I'm here to take you to school" he said in a duh voice. He saw my dumbfounded face and rolled his eyes, "We'll if we're gonna fake date we might as well try to make it convincing." I nodded

"Right"

"Honey, who's at the door?" I heard my mom call from the kitchen. Great. She walked into the mud room and looked at Ben, who gave her a polite smile. "Who's this dear?" My mom asked me.

"This is--"

"Hello, I'm Ben Scatt, I'm your daughters boyfriend." He said and put his hand out to shake my moms.

"Boyfriend?" She asked and looked at me in awe.

"Uh yeah. We've got to go to school, don't want to be late." I said nervously grabbing Bens arm and pulling out the door.

"It was nice meeting you Mrs.Evans!" Ben yelled as I dragged him to his car.

"You too honey!" She called and waved before closing the door. I let go of Ben once she was gone and continued walking to the car. Ben, being the gentleman he is, open the car door for me, which I thanked with a small smile before slipping in. He jogged to the other side and got in.

"Ok so if we want this to work, you have to acted like you love me." He smirked as he drive away.

"Oh I don't think I can do that" I joked and looked out the window. After a while of silence I felt a hand on my thigh. I spun my head around

"What are you--"

"shhh" he said and slightly jerked his head to the right. That when I realized we were in to school parking lot and Julia was standing there with her friend right next to were we parked, eying us. I couldn't help but grin at her face. Ben saw me and chuckled. "Well this is gonna be interesting" he said as he removed his hand and got out. I did the same as well. He surprised me by taking my hand in his when we reached the end of the car. His hands were warm and soft, I felt as if there were perfectly made for me. Wait, what? I don't mean that, what am I saying?

"You ok babe?" He asked when he say my face. I almost melted when he called me babe. What? No, you can't like him, you can get close to anyone with the little time I had left. The only reason why I'm going through this is so that 1)I can get revenge on Julia, and 2) so that I can get a feel of what it's like to be in a relationship before.... You know...

"Um yeah I'm fine" I lied which Ben didn't believe but he shook it off.

"YO BEN!" A familiar voice called from behind us. Sure enough, it was Andrew, Bens best friend, along with David and Blaine who were walking towards us.

"Hey man, what's up?" Ben said, his hand still holding mine. David looked at our hands then at us.

"Wow, so the rumors are true, your dating...." I mentally rolled my eyes