Chapter 16

Sophies POV

It's been a month.

One month of being stuck in this stupid hospital room. I hated it. It was so depressing and made me think that I had no chance of getting better.

That there was no hope left for me, so I was trapped in this stupid hospital room.

I'm going to say it one more time.

Stupid

Hospital

Room.

You know when something happens to you and everyone looks at you like your a lost puppy?

Yup, that's me, I'm the fricken puppy.

Everyone looks at me with the same sad eyes, and sad smiles, sad everything and I'm sick of it. I see adults shaking there heads and whispering "poor girl", or nurses giving me pity stares when they check up on me. Or my mom.

Oh god, my mom.

She always comes in here with puffy red eyes, pretending that noting is wrong, sometimes making lames excuses to leave so that she could go ball her eyes out again.

God, the frustration is eating me alive.

So many doctors have been trying to get my memory back--12 to be exact--All have failed.

I thought this was the end. No use in believing anymore. Even I started to lose that little sliver of hope inside me that everyone else lost.

At least, I thought it did.

--3 days later--

"So your saying I can leave?" I asked Dr. Shepherd in disbelief.

"Well, I'm not saying your cured. Im just saying that maybe if you get out of the hospital and go to familiar places, such as your school, or go around friends and family, maybe you brain will start remembering."

"You want her to go to school?" My mom asked in awe.

"Yes, we think its the best thing possible for her now then sitting in an unfamiliar hospital room. Her body is functioning fine. Its just the memory part of her brain that has to kick in." He explained.

I couldn't believe that I could finally go home. Maybe entering my room will bring my memory back, or just going down town or something.

I might be finally cured.

Bens POV

It's been a little more than a month since I last saw Sophie. you might be thinking "hey, he's probably forgot about her, right?"

Wrong.

All I thought about was her. from the moment I woke up, to the moment I slept. All it was was "Is Sophie ok?" Or "did she get her memory back?" Or "when will she be discharged?" And so many more questions.

My mind was bundled up with her face, her smile, her laugh. God, I sound like a chick.

"--Ben might be able to." Andrew said and broke me away from my thoughts when Andrew nudged me from my right.

"Huh?" I asked them. Andrew sighed.

"I said Ben might be able to drive us to the pizzeria where we'll meet Andy and Michael." He repeated

"Oh, sure whatever."

"Dude, are you ok?" David asked me with worry in his voice.

"Yeah, fine." He shrugged it off and continued eating, but I could see Blaine across me looked at me with understanding eyes. He's the only one who gets it. Sophie's like a sister to him, and even he was worried about her.

Something from across the cafeteria caught my eye. A familiar brunette. My eyes widen when I realized that it was Mrs.Evans talking to our principle. Maybe that's a good sign?

Principle Terrnor nodded, smiling and shook hands with Mrs. Evans before turning to walk back to his office.

"Mrs. Evans!" I yelled as I got up and jogged to her. She turned she she heard her name being called and smiled when she saw me.

"Oh Ben, how are you?" She asked as she pulled me into a hug. Surprisingly, the day Sophie was put into the hospital Mrs. Evans and I got pretty close.

"I okay I guess." I said truthfully and she understood what I meant. "So... Uh... How's-"

"Sophie?" She asked as she chuckled. I nodded my head sheepishly, "Well, still hasn't gotten her memory back." My smile turned into a frown. "But, tue doctors are trying something else."

"What?"

"Well, they thought that if she went to familiar places, her brain might remember." she said, smiling a little.

My eyes widen "so your saying that she's discharged?" I asked hopefully.

She nodded and I grinned, "actually, even better news for you." She said and I looked at her questionably.

"She's going it come back to school."

_____________

Hey guys!

WOW 5K!! AHHHH

I know, I know, I haven't posted in a while but that's because 1- i ah sa major writing block that thankfully someone helped me with (*wink wink*thank you to that person) and 2- I am on summer break in Italy so I haven't been home a lot.

sorry about that ;\

hoped you liked that chapter,

XOXO,

-F