Chapter Fifty Two: "From this moment on"

Hindi mapigilan ni Nathan ang mapangisi sa reaction ng asawa niya sa ginawa niya. Na sense niya ang distress ni Lily.

“what’s bothering you Jagiya?”

He waited for her reply but it never came alarming the hell out of him.

“Don’t you like to get married to me?”

Naalipungatan doon si Lily. Hinarap niya kaagaad si Nathan not wanting him to get the wrong Idea from her distress.

“All I ever wanted was to be married to you without our status, married because of love not because we have to”

“Then what’s the sudden distress all about then?”

‘Alangan namang tanungin ko pa yung Gown yung veil yung ganun...’ Tinignan niya sa mga mata si Nathan. She saw anxiousness pero nagdadalawang isip siya. ‘Ang dami na niyang ginawa para sa kin pero hindi parin ako nakokontento, ang grabe ko naman’. Tinignan niya ang asawa niya at ngumiti nalang, making it as  genuine as possible.

“Wala”

“I’m not buying that kind of smile” Nathan said knowingly. He knew that there is something wrong and he’s not letting her off the hook unless she tell him what is causing her distress.

“We are not getting married unless you tell me what your problem is.” He took her hand in his and kissed it. “Just tell me anything, I’ll do it... I’ll make that happen”

Napatingin si Lily kay Nathan. All he wanted for her is to be happy that is all he wanted in exchange but she couldnt give him that thing.

“I’m happy, nothing really its just something un necessary... hindi na yun kailangan-“

“Look at me”