Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Abha was surprised to see Jiya in the kitchen in the morning.

"Why are you in the kitchen today?"

"Vikrant asks me to make breakfast for him."

She was again surprised. "When did he come?"

"This morning at 4 o'clock."

"You didn't tell me he was coming?"

"I didn't know either. He wanted to give me a surprise."

Vikrant had met the children before they left. Breakfast was served in the room. The entire day was dedicated to Jiya, and he was not allowed to leave the room. Lunch was also served in the room.

Abha had not seen Vikrant's face since morning. She was angry with Jiya. Rahul disappeared as soon as he heard the news of Vikrant's presence in the house.

Vikrant said, "Jiya, today's day reminds me of our honeymoon. We spent more than half of our time in the room. A few days of separation have filled our married life with even more love. Someone has truly said that distance increases love."

"I don't want any distance between us. You don't know how difficult my days were without you. Wherever you go from now on, I will go with you. I won't bother you; I'll shop around to pass the time. I'm ready to get bored in the hotel, but I don't want to stay in this house without you. I can't live without you. Now you call it my childishness or something, but that's the truth."

Jiya's words made him emotional. Tears had welled up in his eyes. Vikrant and Jiya were completely lost in each other today, regardless of the time.

After so many days, Vikrant had come home, so he thought, Why not go for a family dinner with the children?

He told Jiya, "We're going out to a family dinner tonight."

"Okay. For me, family means both of us and the children. I don't want to include Abha and Rahul at our family dinner."

"Don't worry about Rahul; he is busy with his friends. But if Abha comes to know that we have gone alone, then she will feel bad."

"What is the need to tell her? As soon as it is evening, Madam will go out on the pretext of work and then come back only at dinner. I don't know where she roams these days."

"Why do you get annoyed to hear her name? She is such a good woman."

"Well, it's better to leave this discussion here only. I don't want to waste this evening thinking about her."

Vikrant thought that he would tell Abha about the dinner plan in the evening, but she was not in the house, and her phone was also off. So Vikrant went to dinner alone with Jiya and the children without her. The children were very happy today, especially Mayank.

"Daddy, today's dinner really looks like a family dinner. Jiya mom, you made our family complete. I've got a mom as well as a video game partner in you."

Vikrant said, "No need to pamper him so much, Jiya."

"Vikrant, my son, is very intelligent. He knows when to play and when to read.
Am I right, Mayank?"

"Mayank's mom can never be wrong."

Anu said, "Daddy, Mayank is telling the truth. Thank you so much, Daddy, for bringing Jiya into our lives. I talk to her about everything, but I can't even talk to Abha's aunt.
I'm thinking, Why don't we all go on a family trip?"

"That's a very good idea, Anu. What is your take on this, Jiya?"

"I would love to go on this family trip."

They planned to go on a family trip after Mayank's exams were over.

Jiya said, "All four of us will write the names of our favorite places on different slips and then go to the place whose slip will come out first. Did you like the idea?"

"That's great, but daddy, I'll make slips."

"Okay, Mayank."

Today everyone was very happy talking to each other. They were laughing together. Vikrant also feels Jiya made her family complete.

When Abha reached home, she came to know that everyone had gone out to dinner. She was shocked at how everyone went to dinner without informing her. Vikrant is in love with Jiya these days, but how did the children forget her?

There was a time when Vikrant, Abha, and the kids used to go out for dinner like a family. Today, her family had become Jiya's family, in which she had no place.

When they returned from dinner, they found Abha still awake.

"How's your dinner today, kids?"

Anu wanted to say she missed her a lot, but before that, Mayank spoke.

"Today's dinner was the best dinner ever. I had a lot of fun."

Vikrant, seeing Abha's face, understood that she did not like this. He tried to settle the matter.

"Where were you this evening? I called you so many times, but your phone was off. Today's family dinner was incomplete without you. We've all missed you so much." Anu also started saying the same thing.

Abha did not react much, and then everyone went to their respective rooms.

Jiya asked, "Did you really miss Abha at dinner, Vikrant?"

"No, I told her to make her feel better. I don't miss anyone except my wife."

"You're very smart. Let's go to sleep. It's late at night."

Vikrant drew Jiya close to him and started loving her.

"The night has just begun. Thank you for marrying me. I didn't know children would be so attached to you. I am so happy to see so much love between you and the kids. With your arrival, my family is complete. Thank you so much for this."

Vikrant got emotional while saying this.
For her, it was the best moment of her life. She wanted to cherish every moment because she knew that this happiness of hers was just a guest for a few days.

From the next day, he started going to the office. She would often make lunch for them and eat with him in the office. At home, she spends most of her time with Mayank and Anu. Abha had stopped giving her juice as Rahul had been missing from the house since Vikrant's arrival. Overall, there was an atmosphere of peace in the house.

Time was moving fast. The news of Rahul and Jiya's affair has been in deep slumber for two months and has not come out yet. The fear of this thing coming out in Jiya's heart had begun to disappear. Anyway, her focus was only on Vikrant and her relationship at this moment.

Her life was about to take a new turn soon, and she was delighted about it. She started to think that everything would be good in her life now, but it was just her illusion.

Soniya Jadhav

** Thanks for reading the story. Don't forget to vote, follow and comment.