Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Whenever Anu had to go to the party, she used to take Rahul with her. In a way, he had become her bodyguard. As a result, the two spent a lot of time together.

For a few days, Rahul had been feeling that Anu was getting smarter and wiser as she grew older. He loved spending time with her. At least for some time, he could get rid of Jiya's thoughts.

Vikrant was very busy in the office these days. He used to come home late at night and sleep early as he was tired.
Vikrant used to sleep, but Jiya used to stay awake. She was feeling restless the whole night. There was a feeling of incompleteness inside, which she could not share with anyone, even if she wanted. She also complained to Vikrant several times that he was ignoring her due to office work.

But Vikrant convinced her by saying that it is only a matter of a few days, then he will have time for Jiya, and he will soon take her to the Maldives for vacation. Her heart accepted this temptation and sat calmly.

Abha was playing the role of nanny less and the role of vamp more in the house. She understood the reason for the growing closeness between Anu and Rahul and also whose advice Anu was taking.

She didn't like him from the beginning because of his playboy nature. She didn't want Anu to ruin her life by falling for him, and anyway, if Rahul falls in love with Anu, her game will be spoiled in the middle. 

For her, it was her own home that she had been handling for years. Only she had the right to manage this house. If anyone ever leaves this house, Jiya will live, not her, and as soon as she leaves, she will take over Vikrant. Anyway, it is not so difficult to handle a man who has been hurt by his wife's infidelity.

Abha was looking after the rest of the household chores when Vikrant's call came on her mobile.

"Hello Abha, I have left an important file in my room. You take that file from the room and send Rahul with the file to the office."

"You should have called Jiya; she is at home."

"I called her, but she didn't pick up the phone. Maybe she's taking a shower."

Hearing this, Abha's eyes lit up. The opportunity that she was looking for so long has finally come today. She quickly left the house on the pretext of work.

She called Rahul from outside.

"Hello Rahul, Mr. Vikrant just called. His important file has been left in the room. He has asked you to bring that file to the office."

"Okay. You bring me the file from his room, and I will leave that file at the office."

"I am not at home, Rahul, and it will take time for me to come home. So you yourself go and take the file from Jiya's room and give it to him."

Abha was lying. She didn't go anywhere. She was sitting in the park near her house.

The thought of going to Jiya's room was making him feel bad rather than happy. He was trying hard to avoid occasions where he and Jiya had chances to be alone. He didn't want to do anything that would make him look bad in the eyes of others.

Unwillingly, he took his steps towards Jiya's room.

When Jiya did not open the door even after knocking, he opened the door himself.

Jiya was in the towel; she had just come out of the bath.

As soon as she saw him, she quickly put on her bathrobe and started shouting at him.

"How dare you come into my room?
What are you doing standing here looking at my face?"

Rahul was standing like a statue. He was feeling as if his feet were frozen on the floor. He couldn't hear anything. He was just looking at her. At this time, she looked no less than a beautiful statue carved in marble.

Jiya got angry at seeing Rahul's lustful eyes.

"Rahul, if you don't leave, I will tell Vikrant about this."

When Rahul heard Vikrant's name, he came to his senses.

"I have no interest in coming to your room. Uncle had asked for an important file, which he forgot to take with him to the office. I had come here to take that. I knocked on the door, but when you didn't answer, I opened the door.

Better pay attention to yourself then yell at me. He started mimicking her. "What will you say to Uncle? Hello Vikrant, I came out of the shower in my bathrobe, and suddenly Rahul entered the room. He kept staring at me for so long, and I kept shouting at him instead of slapping him."

Jiya's anger had increased even more after seeing Rahul make fun of her.

Rahul angrily picked up the file and whispered in her ear.

"Next time you  go to the bathroom to take a shower, don't forget to lock the room. This time somehow I have controlled my feelings; maybe next time I won't."

"That's what I want to tell you, Rahul. This time I held my hand, but I might not be able to hold it next time."

Rahul was leaving with the file in anger when Abha entered the house.
He was surprised to see her so soon in the house. 

"You said you'd be late, but you came  soon."

"Hmmm, I have finished my work on time to reach home early. I was worried whether you would be able to find the file or not."

"Really, don't try to act smart. I know what games you are playing."

"Dear, it would be better if you delivered this file to the office as soon as possible instead of wasting your time talking to me."

Rahul looked at Abha angrily and walked towards the office.

Today, Rahul again collided with Jiya unwillingly, and that too when there was nothing on her body except a towel. If she keeps bumping like this, it seems that one day there will be an explosion. Day by day, the situation was getting worse. Every time Rahul would convince himself that it was wrong, the difference between right and wrong would disappear as soon as her beautiful body flashed into his mind.

He often remembers the time when Vikrant married Jiya. He cursed that time when they got married.  If his uncle had not married her, he would not have met her.

Today, he was feeling bad for shouting at Jiya. It wasn't her fault. If he wanted, he would have left the room at the same time instead of staring at her. But if Jiya wanted, she could have slapped him and thrown him out of the room, but she did nothing but threaten him.

He knew she wouldn't say anything about it. Now he just had to know whether this fire was burning only in his heart or if there was a spark there too.

Soniyaa D. Jadhav

** Thanks for reading the story. Don't forget to vote, follow and comment.