Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Rahul did not like Vikrant's decision to marry Jiya, especially when Mallika Sharma was given the title of Gold Digger in the news. Such a long age gap between Jiya and Vikrant is, on top of that, not digestible.

He was wondering why a girl like Jiya would decide to marry a man of her father's age. Talking about money, she was so beautiful that any rich boy would be ready to marry her, so what was the need to marry her uncle?

It is quite possible that after spending a few nights with his uncle, she would ask for divorce, and after getting a huge amount of money in alimony, she might get married to a rich boy of her age.

Rahul's heart was saying "you are playing a good game, Jiya. Your plan is truly commendable."

During dinner, Vikrant informed everyone about his decision to get married in Goa.

Mayank was happy to hear the name of Goa. Anu didn't react much; a wave of sadness had returned to Abha's face, which Rahul had seen.

"Have you decided the wedding date, Daddy?"

"Not yet, but I plan to do it at the end of December. The designer will call you, and she will help you choose clothes according to the theme of the wedding. You, Mayank, Rahul, and Abha all go shopping together."

"Yes daddy."

After dinner, they all went to their rooms, except Rahul and Vikrant.

"I want to ask you something regarding your marriage to Jiya."

"Yeah please."

"Mallika Sharma's image is not good in the media. Have you thought well about the decision to marry Jiya? The media call them gold diggers. They must have eyes on your wealth."

"It's good to know that you care about me. I am your uncle Rahul, much older than you. I handle such a big business alone; I can read people's minds just by having a look at their faces. The reason for marrying Jiya is not just her beauty. She is an intelligent and nice girl. We have both taken this decision after a lot of thought. I am sure of my decision.

Everything that the media talks about is not always true. So stop paying attention to the news in the media. Yes, one more thing: I want you to respect Jiya as much as you respect me. All these things should not be repeated."

"Sure uncle. I apologize for what I said about Jiya and her mom."

"It's okay; there's no need to feel sorry.
So, what are your future plans?"

"I am thinking of starting a business in partnership with a friend. At the moment, we are in the planning stage; once everything is decided, I will tell you in detail."

"How's your love life? Do you intend to be serious with someone in life or still maintain a playboy image?"

He started laughing. "I don't want to get married so soon. I want to enjoy my life to the fullest. After thirty, I will think of getting married."

"All right, as you wish. But don't do anything that would embarrass you or the girls you hang out with. I hope you understand what I mean."

"Yes uncle."

Vikrant went to his room after talking to Rahul.

He liked one thing a lot about Vikrant: that he never interfered in his life unnecessarily. Although his father had left a lot of money, he had borne all the expenses of his education. He had his own house in Lonavala, but he lived in their house. For him, Vikrant's family was his own, and he was like a father figure to him.

Vikrant and Jiya had fixed the wedding date together. The wedding was scheduled for December 21. Just forty-five days were left until their wedding. Along with the wedding, the honeymoon shopping was also going on in full swing. Vikrant was taking Jiya to Paris for their honeymoon. Both of them were very excited about their wedding.

All the expenses of marriage were being borne by Vikrant. This did not go down well with Jiya, but Mallika was extremely happy about it. She was thinking in her mind, "So what if Vikrant is older than Jiya? Money matters more than age."

Having a rich son-in-law also has its advantages. All the debt was removed from her head, and she got shares of the company. Moreover, he was bearing all the marriage expenses. Even if they get divorced in the future, Jiya would get huge alimony. So there was nothing to worry about. Her and Jiya's futures were safe. From head to toe, she was immersed in wealth. Now she had no worries about maintaining her expensive lifestyle in the future.

Jiya was shopping with her friend Neha when Vikrant's call came.

"Where are you?"

"I'm at the mall with Neha. I'm shopping."

"Did you buy what I said?

I've bought a lot, but there's still a lot left."

"Send me a picture of what you bought."

"I can't show you everything, but there are a few things I want to keep as surprises for our wedding night, Vikrant. Put your mind to work and let me shop, please."

"You and your surprises increase my heartbeat."

"The same thing happens to me when I hear your voice or when you touch me."

"You are making me mad. Jiya, I can't wait to get married to you. I love you, honey. Don't think of price tags while shopping. Buy Victoria's secret nightwear. On our wedding night, I want to see your sexy avatar."

On hearing this, she started blushing. Stop Vikrant; Neha is with me.

"Sorry, I forgot. Listen, Rahul is also coming with the children and Abha for dinner in the evening."

"Okay. See you in the evening."

Vikrant had already told Jiya everything about Rahul.

As soon as Vikrant put the phone down, Neha started teasing Jiya that she was lucky to have a rich as well as a romantic husband.

"Hmmm. That's true. Whenever he has time in the day, he calls me and asks about my whereabouts, and when I call, no matter how important the meeting is, he always picks up my phone. He is paying for all the wedding expenses."

"You're so lucky. Believe me, Vikrant is much older than you. But in the department of fitness and looks, today's boys are nothing in comparison to him."

"Keep your evil eyes away from my would-be husband. By the way, don't you think you're paying too much attention to my future husband's fitness and looks?"

"Are you jealous?"

"A little bit."

At this, Neha and Jiya both started laughing.

Jiya and Vikrant's relationship was not under the evil eye of Neha, but someone else.
♥️ Soniya Jadhav

**Don't forget to follow, vote and comment. Thanks for reading the story.