Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Since that day, Jiya and Rahul have felt uncomfortable in front of each other. Both were trying to ignore each other. But it was not possible under one roof. Rahul used to spend more than half the time outside and come home only after everyone had gone to sleep.

Jiya had kept herself busy at home, and  had almost forgotten the Rahul story. She was waiting for Vikrant. So to pass the time, she went to Anu's room to talk. Abha was already there. As soon as she saw Jiya, she got irritated.

"Abha you can go and rest if you want; I am here with Anu."

Abha did not want to go, but it was also not worth staying here. So she said goodnight to Anu and quietly left the place.

"Anu, I hope you didn't mind; I told your aunt to go."

"No, there's nothing like that. Anyway, she was about to leave."

"Your dad is going to be late, and I was getting bored without him, so I thought I'd come and talk to you."

"It was good that you came. We haven't spoken in a long time. I'm glad everything is fine between you and dad."

"I'm happy about that, too. I cannot tolerate Vikrant's anger. If he gets a little angry, my heart starts to get restless."

"I know, I was not happy when dad told me about you before the wedding, and I was strongly against this marriage. But for dad's sake, Mayank and I said yes. Now I think about how wrong I was. I've loved you since the first day I met you."

"I love that you never tried to be my mother. You were always like a friend.
Whenever I see dad so happy with you, I feel that someone will come into my life who will love me as much as you love my father."

Hearing this, Jiya smiled.

"Now stop talking about me. Tell me about your college life. How's it going?"

"College life is going well. And I've made a lot of friends. I like to hang out with them."

"Have you made a boyfriend yet?"

"Not at the moment."

"Are you hiding the boyfriend thing because you have a fear that I will tell your father?"

"Ha-ha. It could be."

"Did you have a boyfriend in college?"

"Yes, but then we broke up."

"Did he know about this Jiya?"

Hmmm.

"I like the fact that you are who you are, and if someone doesn't like that, it's his problem. I love talking to you."

"Ha-ha. My mom doesn't like that."

"If you ever like someone in your life, don't hesitate to tell me. Remember that we are friends."

On hearing this, Anu hugged her.
After a moment's thought, she said.
"I want to tell you one thing, but you have to promise that this thing will remain between me and you."

"All right, I promise. Now, quickly tell me your secret."

"I like Rahul. Not from today, but from childhood."

"Do you like him, or do you love him?"

"I want to marry him. I only want him in my life."

"Does Rahul know that?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Because I know about all his girlfriends. We are good friends, and he shares more than half of the things with me. My love is one-sided. He thinks of me as just a friend, and I think of him as something else."

"As long as you're his friend, he'll stay your friend. Anyway, you're his uncle's daughter; he can't even think about you in that way, even if he wants. Try to spend as much time with him as possible. Make some changes in your appearance to spice things up.

Whenever you both go out, you should look so attractive that everyone's eyes will stop on you. When the eyes of the other boy stop on you, his eyes will automatically stop on you. Attraction, care, and love are the three things that bind a relationship.
I hope you understood what I meant."

"I understood. Your words have given me a new hope. Thank you, dear."

"Abha aunt is good in nature, but I can't discuss everything with her. She is like a motherly figure, and you are just like a friend."

"I'm with you always. If you want to talk, you can come to my room at any time.
Even when it's late at night?"

"Ha-ha, I see Anu is becoming naughtier day by day.
One minute, your dad's phone is coming."

"Hi honey, I've come home. Where are you?"

"I'm in Anu's room; I'll be right back."

Your dad is waiting for me in the room. I will talk to you later.

While going to her room, Jiya was thinking, "Thank God Anu loves Rahul. May God make Rahul fall in love with Anu and keep him away from my life."

On the way to her room, she met Rahul. Their eyes met for a few seconds, and then both went to their respective rooms.

When Jiya reached the room, Vikrant was lying down with his eyes closed.
She began to caress his head with her hands.

"Are you tired?"

Hmmm.
"What were you doing in Anu's room today?"

"I was getting bored without you, so I went to talk to her."

"You and Anu have started bonding well."

"Not only Anu, but Mayank also makes me feel good. They often visited me at the hospital. Even after coming home, they took good care of me. And your kids are great."

"The credit for this goes to Abha. She has given a good upbringing to my children."

"That was her job. She didn't do it for free; she did it for a living."

"Why are you so upset about it?"

"If the husband praises someone else in front of the wife, then the wife will obviously be jealous. It's natural."

"Ohh! So that's the thing. There's no need to be jealous. I'm not interested in her at all. I have nothing in my heart but respect for her. If I had loved her, I would have married her. After Neera's death, I have loved only one girl, and that's you, Jiya Kapoor."

Both Jiya and Vikrant were lost in each other. Abha was crying, hiding her face in the pillow, while fighting her loneliness. Rahul couldn't sleep because of the illicit desire he had for Jiya. 

Soniya Jadhav

** Thanks for reading the story. Don't forget to vote, follow and comment.