Chapter 20

Chapter 20

After sending the children to school in the morning, Abha went to the kitchen to see the arrangements for breakfast for the rest of the family. After some time, Vikrant and Jiya also came for breakfast.

Jiya's breakfast consisted of a green smoothie and boiled eggs, and there was upma for Vikrant. Rahul just woke up, sitting on the couch, having black coffee.

Jiya offered her smoothie to Vikrant. "Drink this smoothie and see how delicious it tastes. Before Vikrant could say anything, Abha spoke in the middle.

"Vikrant doesn't like green smoothies. Most of the time he prefers eating idli, plain dosa, or upma for breakfast."

Vikrant took a sip of Jiya's smoothie, ignoring Abha's words. As soon as he drank the smoothie, the words came out of his mouth: "Wow, this smoothie is really good in taste. I will take this smoothie after doing yoga tomorrow."

Hearing this, a smile had come on Jiya's lips, and the anger on Abha's face, which she had hidden behind her smile, Rahul was looking at the faces of both of them from the couch and was smiling heartily. He thought, why not irritate Abha Aunt a little more?"

Rahul took his coffee and sat down at the dining table.

"Dear Aunt, Uncle is married now. You don't have to take care of everything; now relax. You have been maintaining this house for many years; it's time to chill. Now Jiya is there to take care of the house."

Vikrant said, "Rahul is right. You just take care of the kids; Jiya is there to take care of the rest of the house and me."

"Yes, you're right."

Abha had left from there on the pretext of work. Vikrant had also gone to the office. Now it was Rahul and Jiya sitting together.

She was going to her room when Rahul stopped her.

"Why are you going to your room? Please sit; let's talk."

"I have to go to the gym, Rahul."

"Which gym do you go to?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"It's a simple question. Why are you getting angry?"

"Because you are asking stupid question.If there is something important to say, then say it; otherwise, I am going."

Rahul did not want to ask this, but suddenly it came out of his mouth.

"Why did you marry him?"

"I married him for his money. Isn't that the answer you wanted to hear?
Go and ask this question to Vikrant. The answer to that will be mine."

"I don't understand why you are talking to me so rudely?"

"Sorry, Rahul. I feel so bad when people question our marriage. First, I was upset with Abha, and then your question about our marriage raised my temper."

"Sorry, I shouldn't have asked that question. Why are you so upset with Abha?"

"I don't know; whenever she is near, nothing feels good from inside. It seems like there is a dark shadow between Vikrant and me. To put it bluntly, I find her energy extremely negative."

"You don't need to worry about her. She's just a children's nanny. In fact, she has been managing the house for so many years that suddenly she is feeling a little insecure due to your marriage with uncle."

"Hmmm, I get it. I am getting late for the gym; see you later."

"Okay."

Rahul was thinking about Jiya. His heart was saying, "It's totally understandable why Uncle is crazy for Jiya. She looks so sexy even without makeup in simple clothes. If I had a girl friend like Jiya, I would have married her too."

Abha had seen Rahul staring at Jiya several times. The way he used to look at Jiya made her realize that the spark was waiting to be extinguished.

She was talking to herself, "Don't worry, Rahul, I will work to keep this fire burning. I have brought up Anu and Mayank like my own children, and I have taken care of this house like a family member. I am not just a nanny; I am the mother of these children, and this is my family. I won't let anyone take my place."

Jiya had gone straight to Vikrant's office after the gym; he was busy in the meeting. Well, his secretary, Rajesh, had informed him about Jiya's arrival.She didn't have to wait long. Vikrant had ended the meeting early. As soon as she stepped into his cabin, she hugged Vikrant.

"What's happened? Is everything alright?"

"I'm just not in the right mood. I have come here to make my mood better."

"Okay, then let's go out for lunch at a nice place. By the way, why are you in such a bad mood?"

"Because of the Abha. I think she loves you. I don't know, but she gives me a negative vibe."

"You're crazy. I don't know whether she loves me or not. But she has given a mother's love to my children; that's why I respect her. There is no need to be jealous of her. She is just a nanny for my children. Anyway, I liked seeing you jealous, Jiya. It means you love me more."

"I am not jealous of her. I am unable to explain you in words; it's just that I don't feel comfortable with her. Her aura is negative."

"No one can ever take your place in my life, Jiya. I love you so much."

"Vikrant, in my life too, there will never be anyone else in your place."

Before Jiya could complete her sentence, Rahul entered the cabin smiling and said, "Hello, uncle. Wow! Jiya is also here. I hope I didn't disturb the love birds."

"No, please sit. You have come at the right time. I was about to order lunch."

She looked at Vikrant. He whispered in her ear to keep quiet.

Her mood was already bad, and now Rahul came to make it worse. She wanted to have some me time with Vikrant, but now the thought of having lunch with Rahul was irritating her.

After lunch, Rahul started talking to Vikrant about his new start-up. Jiya was getting tired of both of them talking about business.

"I am going home, Vikrant; please come home early in the evening."

"Okay. Call me after you reach home."

After Jiya left, Rahul apologized to Vikrant for questioning his marriage and Jiya's intentions.

"Just by looking at both of you, one can say you are deeply in love with each other. Jiya's behavior with Anu and Mayank is extremely good. Both of them appreciate her a lot.Just yesterday, Anu said, "the good thing about Jiya is that she is trying to be their friend instead of trying to be their mother and is also succeeding in it." This shows that she is a clean-hearted person and how much she loves you."

"You are right, Rahul. I married her because I was impressed by her qualities, whereas people think I married her just because of her beauty.Start your business early, and then get married and settle down."

Rahul smiled and started thinking, "I am ready to get married, but only if the girl is like Jiya."

**Don't forget to follow, vote and comment. Thanks for reading the story.