🦋 Sunday-1🦋

AUTHOR'S POV.........

The remaining days went by like this.

Soon it came to the most awaiting day for both mridaangi and devansh.

Sunday.

The day when devansh's family will officially ask for mridaangi's hand.

It was 7:00 in the morning and mridaangi was sleeping peacefully on her bed. These past weekdays were nothing but a bliss for mridaangi. The soothing and healing calmness she got through devansh was something she could do anything for. These days made her firmness more strong of standing by devansh and loving him in every thick and thin.

Here she was dreaming about her husband meanwhile her brothers rhishabh and prateek were hurrying to get the stuff for religional ritual and cultural ritual done appropriately before having to leave for their parent's mansion.

"Get up mridaangi or else I'll come inside for sure" came rishabh's voice from outside and with that mridaangi woke up gasping at her brother for why is he so much in hurry that too on a weekend and in a second it click in her mind that it's a weekend.

A WEEKEND.

SUNDAY.

HER CHHEKA-CHHEKAI.

"Aayii bhaiya. Bass das... Naa bees.... Na na tees minutes. Please" said mridaangi while running towards her bathroom.
(Coming. Just ten... No 20.... No no 30 minutes. Please)

With a genuine smile adorning on his lips rhishabh moved downstairs to look for his younger brother prateek, who seems to be more nervous then the actual dulhan(bride).

"Prateek. Seriously" said rhishabh and sat on the sofa in the living room while shaking his head at his younger brother's antics.

"You are not getting it. She needs to do her make up and we need to get ready too and I'm telling you the fruits we have got is less and the gold chain is a bit light, it gotta be heavy bhaii. You are not at all understanding we need to let the world know, that we brother's are enough for our sister. We are her parent's. We can be. Oh my god Maria auntyyyyyyy"

And came running Maria with a small smile on her face.

"You have checked with pandit jii right? He is trustworthy right? Aun-"

"Yes I've checked with him almost ten times from the morning and he is all free for our mridaangi's ceremony prateek baba" said maria aunty chuckling at prateek.

"See. You sure you do not want to get married too? Tu kahe toh Lage haath teri bhi Kara doon"
Said rhishabh smirking at prateek.
(If you say.. I'll make your marriage happen too)

"I forgot.... I had a meeting with a patient" said prateek and walk off from there.

There in mridaangi's room, she was getting ready while her mind was on how she'll deal with sheetal and the new version of her mother-in-law.

Mridaangi was in a beautiful yellow madhubani print kurti with comfy jeans and was rechecking her outfit she'll wear on reaching her parent's house.
The MAHURAT (auspicious time) was from 11:00a.m in the morning till 4:00 a.m in the night.
They had almost the whole day.

In a few minutes mridaangi came downstairs with her dress and jwellery in her hand and went towards the living room.

"May mahadev bless you my child" said maria aunty while putting a nazar na tikka behind mridaangi's ears and mridaangi hurriedly took maria aunty in a bear hug and said "you all are coming with us too"

"Kid how can I... We-"

"It's a request from our side aunty. We do not have elders with us and we need blessings of elders for this auspicious ritual" said rhishabh while walking towards them.