F O R T Y O N E

"Priya it's almost 1 in the night now" Ram whines for the third time tonight. The whole unit is working tirelessly for the show tomorrow.

"Just 5 minutes, you should've gone to the hotel" She replies while checking the final touchups.

"No way I'm going without you, and you're working from morning... you need rest!"

"Yes but this is equally important"

"Not for you, it's Sanjana's show... your name won't even be anywhere... I'm still telling you I'll make you your own studio"

Priya looks up at him "It's okay, I don't want any fame. I'm here to only learn and gain experience"

Ram rolls his eyes "Now enough of this for today, come let's go"

"I need to finish this.."

"Oh come on, there are more people here" Ram holds her hand and starts dragging her when she tries to protest "Ram leave me.. what are you doing.."

Everyone around looks at them and sanjana comes infront of Ram with "Wait, where are you taking her?"

"To the hotel. It's been a whole day she's working. She needs rest now.."

"Ram, here she isn't Mrs.Priya Kapoor but only Priya. Everyone is working still.."

"So? She's my wife and she won't work overtime like this.."

"Aap kya bol rahe hain.." Priya interrupts freeing her hand from his grip.

"Ram, if you've such rules then it's better she doesn't work here anymore... you anyways have enough money to open her own designer studio.." Sanjana glares at him and Ram says "Ofcourse I'll do that, priya doesn't have to work under you or anyone for that matter"

"Please stop it.." Priya begs.

"You're not well and you're taking too much stress alongside working so hard priya... I can't see you like this... I want you to be happy, stress free, have good sleep and rest.."

"But I want to work here.." Priya interrupts.

"Listen, I don't have time for your husband and wife's drama here. Priya either you stay or leave.. but don't interrupt our work" Sanjana says coldly and leaves to continue her supervising duty.

"What's wrong?" Priya asks him and he looks at her "You're working nonstop from 9, it's 1 now.."

"Just a matter of today, tomorrow is the show.."

"I don't care, there's a limit... if she can't keep everything ready on time then she's anyways going to be a flop..."

"She's the top designer of the city.."

"Yeah go on work, I was only worried for your health" Ram storms out of the hall and goes to the parking where he sits in the car asking the driver to leave.

Priya sighs and feels a bit bad. Ram is just concerned about her health but even she can't do anything other than to complete her work. She works for another half an hour before everything wraps up.

Priya goes up to Sanjana with "Sorry, ram is just a bit worried about my health that's why he said.."

"Leave it Priya, he's kinda possessive I know.." Sanjana shrugs.

Priya frowns a little "How do you know?"

"He used to hang out with different girls in college but when he used to be around a girl, he was possessive over her..."

"Oh.."

"Yeah like how he was for me when we were together for a few days, as in only physical but still..." Sanjana chuckled and priya gave a small smile "I'll be there on time tomorrow"