Chapter 17: Fearless

"Daddy!"

Charlie is being held against his will by one of the Dark Moon pack's warriors. He is trying to fight him off, but he is just too strong. We are outside of his school. Richard showed up with his men to take my son away from me.

I tried to come after my son but another one of his men held me back. Meanwhile, my son is crying out for me to protect him. I am devastated by this. I am doing my best to get away from the man who is holding me but he is too strong for me.

Charlie is crying as the man forcibly puts him in a dark sedan parked outside of the school. Richard looks at me with a malicious, boastful smile.

"Did you really think you could keep my son away from me? You, an Omega? You will never see Charlie again!" He boasted, just before getting into the car and going away forever. The man who was holding me back tosses me on the floor then takes off on a motorcycle parked nearby. I look around to see a Regency Falls warrior down on the ground, bleeding out.

As the car was exiting, I could still hear my son crying inside. Crying for me to save him, but I couldn't. He has just been kidnapped right in front of me. And my whole world has just ended. I am bawling my eyes out with never ending tears at the loss of my precious baby... *sniffs*

I woke up panting from the horrible nightmare.

Literally my worst fear has come to pass in the most horrible way. I cannot allow Richard to take my son away from me, I just can't. I refuse to let him win again. It is not only unfair to me as a parent, but especially to my son.

How the hell is Charlie supposed to be taken care of by a person who never bothered to pay him a visit? Not once, even as a baby. If he wanted to ignore my son for all his life, that is his right I guess. But he can't decide to suddenly become a parent just because he can't seem to be able to have another child.

I did not ask the Goddess to punish him in that way. If I had that kind of power, I would have been mated a long time ago and would have been living next to my mate in love and harmony.

I bet Stephano would have accepted me as his mate even if I was presented to him with a huge pregnant belly. For the man that he demonstrated to be so far, there is no doubt in my mind that he would honor me and our bond together, just as he accepted me with a pubescent boy at face value.

I mean, we haven't declared the acceptance speech as of yet, but I am pretty sure he does. Actions speak louder than words, at least they do for me. And so far he has done all that he could to show me he would be there for me, that he is onboard with our mating.

On Monday, Olivia Pullman - Stephano's mother - helped me along with the process of enrolling Charlie in middle school. He had already lost a week of classes after I was forced to uproot our lives in fear of Richard coming to take him away.

My mate offered to pay for a private tutor to home school him, but I thought enrolling in a normal school would be better for him. Charlie needs to find new friends here and school is the best place to do so.

I am still not sure how long we can stay in this town, but we should try to make a life here. This is as good a place as any, especially with my mate here. Of course, Stephano makes all the difference. And it's not only because he is such a good kisser... *swoons*

After I dropped my son at school, I was feeling the most vulnerable I have ever felt thus far. I am dead scared of Richard finding us and taking my son away from me, so anytime Charlie is not in my eyesight I feel scared.

But I needed to work through my fears. I can't let my son be a prisoner of his second father's shadow. He was more than happy to go back to school, though of course it won't be the same here as it was back in our town where he had friends since elementary school.