It Reminded Me of You

Poppy and Branch do some stargazing for a while.

It was her turn to choose, and naturally Poppy chose stargazing.

The Pop Queen had picked a beautiful night to do so.

As Poppy and Branch lay beneath the stars, they began creating there own constellations.

"That one looks like a deer," Branch said lazily.

"You said that about the last one."

"It's 'cos it looked like a deer as well."

Poppy frowned. "Well, you see that one over there?" The Pop Queen pointed into the sky. "That one looks like a bear."

"Yeah," he agreed. Branch sat up and leaned against the nearby tree. "That one over there," he began. "It's a horse."

"Looks more like a dog."

The teal troll looked at her and she smiled back. "How? It's clearly a horse. See that star is the nose, that one's the mouth..." Branch didn't realise that as he tried to point them out for her, he leaned closer and closer to her. Poppy however, did.

Taking the opportunity, Poppy leaned her head on his shoulders. It shut him up about the horse.

"Okay then," she said. "It's a horse." Poppy looked into the horizon. "See the ones with the three stars in a line? Those look like the moons on my fan. And those stars across it look like the rest of it."

Branch didn't look, but nodded nonetheless. Looking around, he found another.

"See that star? The one that shines brighter than any of the other thousands of stars? The one that even seems to twinkle differently to the others?"

Branch felt her nod from his shoulders.

"Well that one reminds me of you."

The Pop Queen lifted her head to look at him, and the moonlight showed her soft blush and her beautiful smile. She kissed him lightly on the lips, and Branch returned it.

Leaning back onto his shoulder, he softly put his head on hers.

She picked a beautiful night indeed.