Late Night Snacks

Poppy goes to get a midnight snack, Branch accompanies her.

Poppy yawned and stretched, knowing she definitely shouldn’t be awake at… what time was it again? The Pop Queen didn’t know but she knew it was too late to be awake. She opened and closed the door to her bedroom silently, creeping down the stairs quietly and to the kitchen. Poppy sighed and opened the fridge with as little force as possible so it wouldn’t wake anyone else in the house.

She idly looked through the fridge looking for something to snack on, deciding to make herself a bit of bacon and eggs. Poppy jumped when she felt arms snake around her waist, giggling softly when Banch calmly made his entrance known as he rested his chin on her head.

“What are you doing up Poppy? It’s four in the morning…”

“I could ask you the same question, Branch, I’m just making some food. Want some?”

The teal troll nodded quietly and followed Poppy around the kitchen as she cooked, occasionally he would stand behind her and mess with her hair or hug her from behind. Branch always got super affectionate when he was tired, he wasn’t sure why.

Once Poppy had finished cooking, the two went to the couch to watch a movie and eat their food. They lowered the volume so nobody could hear and relaxed, The Pop Queen resting her head on Branch's chest and curling up next to the teal troll with a throw blanket.

It was like this that the pair fell asleep, plates of mostly eaten food discarded on the side tables as they rested in each other's arms with the TV playing quietly in the background. They woke up to camera shutters and giggling, seeing Guy Diamond and Viva taking pictures. Branch woke up first, grimacing and pulling the blanket up over his eyes.

The rest of the day was full of teasing and jokes about the pair.