Side Story (1)

3 MONTHS AGO

IRISH'S POV:

In the dorm room of the Hero Academy, Irish resided in a space that deviated from the norm, adorned with Scarlett's various paintings. Among the artwork, splatters of blood adorned the walls—some fresh, others dried, indicating that the blood had been there for days or even weeks.

"Day 56," she murmured softly, her voice tinged with anguish, before driving the dagger into her left hand. The crimson flow of blood gushed forth, staining the desk in a macabre bath. Though the wound wasn't fatal, it elicited a sharp, searing pain.

"Ahhh...ahhh..." she cried out, her voice strained with agony. "This is the only punishment I can give myself for staying away from you, Scarlett." Her words echoed in the room, a testament to the depth of her torment and longing.

Instead of healing her wounds by magic or using something to nullify the pain, she just applied a slow healing paste on her hand, So that she can feel the pain for longer.

Irish rose from her desk and made her way to the door, her expression already betraying her anticipation as she spotted a letter placed beside it. With a resigned sigh, she bent down to retrieve the letter and gingerly tore it open. As she scanned its contents, her face fell, and she let out another sigh. "Sighh... it's them again," she muttered, the weariness evident in her voice as she braced herself for whatever news or demands the letter contained.

At Prince Richard's birthday party, Irish had taken a daring leap and proposed to Scarlett, an event that had left an indelible mark on the memories of all who were present. To her amazement and joy, Scarlett had accepted her proposal and even sealed the moment with a kiss, creating a scene that would be talked about for months to come.

However, despite the significance of the event, only those who had witnessed the proposal firsthand were aware of it. Irish's parents had vehemently worked to suppress any information about their daughter's engagement to a demon, fearing the repercussions it could bring upon their prestigious Heartfilia family. The notion of a noblewoman proposing to another woman, let alone a demon, was considered scandalous and could lead to their family's disgrace and possible banishment from the kingdom.

Despite their efforts to conceal the truth, Irish's parents remained furious at her recklessness. Unable to confront her directly at the academy, they resorted to sending incessant letters, urging her to return home for discussions. Yet Irish knew all too well the consequences of facing her parents, fully aware of the punishment that awaited her if she were to comply with their demands. Thus, she chose to ignore their pleas, determined to forge her own path despite the familial pressures weighing heavily upon her.

Irish stared at the letter in her hands, her brow furrowing in confusion at the unexpected change in its contents. "They want to appreciate me for becoming a high-ranking noble?" she muttered, her head swirling with bewilderment as she scratched her head in disbelief.

As she read further, her confusion gave way to a mix of surprise and realization. "A few weeks ago, Princess, brother-in-law, and I defeated that Illusion demon," she murmured aloud, her voice tinged with astonishment. "And brother-in-law became the representative of the king." A sense of pride welled within her as she continued, "And he made me a high-ranking noble."

"Not only that, the king even bestowed upon me the title of 'Dark Knight'," she exclaimed, a hint of incredulity coloring her words. "So that's why their attitude has changed, huh?"

With a weary sigh, she leaned back in her chair, the weight of her past decisions and familial expectations bearing down upon her. "Sighh... I think it's been more than three years. I should meet them," she murmured, her resolve firming as she contemplated the path ahead.