S2 Chapter 5

As soon as Akram gave his marvellous entry, everyone who were eating stood up at their places as a sign of respect.

Akram's POV:-

"Please sit down, it seems I have disturbed you in the middle of your meal," I said politely. I can see how amused they were at my sudden appearance.

"No worries Maharaja, we were just starting our meal and it's very nice to see you fine again" Kareem ( the maharaja of Razzia Empire) said politely with a smile on his face.

"Thank you for the gesture, I am all good now and thank you for all the accommodations" I thanked him.

"It's our honour that Maharaj is comfortable in our small empire" He politely asked his daughter to pour wine into my glass.

She gracefully stood and slowly came and filled the cup with a look of admiration.

"This is my only daughter, Karina, she is profound in this empire for her singing talent and paintings..." He praised her for her achievements.

"That's a very good thing to hear Raj, I bet you must be flooded with marriage proposals for her," I said giving a smile of praise to her.

"Ha ha ha, yeah that's taken" He laughed with my statement.

"Well, Your Majesty, I must admit, your kingdom is truly magnificent. The lands are vast and rich with resources" Maha Mantri said praising him.

"Indeed, I can't help but admire the way your people flourish under your rule. It's quite inspiring." I said adding the praise.

"Thank you, Your Highness. We take great pride in our kingdom and its prosperity" He said looking contemplated with the praise.

"So... I was thinking if I could have a tour of your kingdom, while we were coming, I was quite drawn to the scenic beauty of the green fields and the bazaar is full of energy..." I explained my urge to visit the places I wanted. I need to see her again even if she hates to see me, I can't back away just as the old man said. I must say my love to her, even though she would reject me.

"It's my honour, Your Majesty, I would love to assist you in the tour but I have a prior engagement in my duty, So I would like my daughter to tag you" He looked at his daughter, and she looked at me while smiling shyly.

"Ha ha I don't mind, work is important, and I like the suggestion, thank you for your permission" I thanked him.

"It's our general courtesy, Your Majesty," He started grinning ear to ear looking like he did a very good job.

Again his daughter shyly smiled looking at me.

What's the deal with her? Why do I feel chills down my spine?

"Maha Mantri? Why do I think the atmosphere is a bit clumsy?" I whispered in Maha Mantri's ear.

"So do I!,... I think He is trying to set the pact with you marrying his daughter" Maha Mantri smiled while saying slowly in my ears.

"Ha seriously," I am done with this bullshit, that's why I hate these Kingdom tours, it's better to conquer the kingdoms than play in their drama.

......

It started raining. Rainy Nights reminds me of how beautiful the days were when she used to run once the rain started. I remember the day when she nearly ran the whole corridor to the garden when she heard that raining had started, she got all wet playing clumsily and dancing gracefully, and she had me mesmerised that time.