Old friends

Los Angeles 02/03/2023 09:12

After a casual 42 minute flight from Detroit to LA, Overwatch hopped out of the Lynx and onto the street. The plan was to meet up with Slade and talk about some options that Jake could maybe pursue. Hearing a splash in the distance, Overwatch spotted a man in dirty clothes with a balaclava on running down the street. Curious, Jake grappled up to the rooftop and ran alongside the man, looking down, Overwatch spotted the handgun and bag full of cash. Immediately realising what was going on, Overwatch dove down and activated his wingsuit, and proceeded to do a flying tackle on the burglar. The man tried to resist but thanks to Overwatch super strength and martial arts training, this guy was nothing. Manoeuvring around him, Overwatch put him in a quick headlock with a jujitsu grip he learnt years ago, chocking the daylights out of the crook till he finally passed out.

Zip cuffing him to a nearby street lamp, Jake picked up the pistol to see what he was carrying. For an ordinary crook, this guy was packing some serious firepower. Chambered in the powerful .357 Magnum, the Coonan Compact pistol looked like an ordinary 1911, but chambered in a much bigger and more powerful round. Feeling the heavy weapon in his hands, Overwatch had an idea.

Time skip

As the crook starter waking up, he quickly noticed the balaclava was off and he was dangling upside down. Looking at what was below him, he tried to scream at the fact that he was hanging from a building, but the duct tape around his mouth prevented that part of the process. Coming to the realisation that there was someone else present, the thief looked at the armoured man in body armour with crimson red goggles and a metallic facemask. Putting up his finger to show the man to hush, Overwatch came over and asked a simple question. "I want a name, you're going to give it to me, or I'm going to show you the difference between the LAPD and me. Got it?"

With the thief quickly nodding his head, Overwatch removed the tape from his mouth and asked where he got the gun from. Getting the wrong answer, Overwatch took out his knife and ran it along the cable threateningly. As he started to slowly cut the wire, the crook immediately gave up his source and told Overwatch everything he knew. "Thanks." was all that Overwatch said as he walked away from the deteriorating cable, much to the fear of the man hanging from the ledge. "WAIT! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?! DON'T LEAVE ME HERE!!!"

Suddenly the line snapped and the crook went tumbling down, but somehow he stopped mid-air. Looking up, he noticed that there was a second line attached to his feet. As the police started arriving on the scene, Overwatch was long gone and on his way to pay the local gun-runner a visit. Apparently he was a drug and gun pusher for the local Yakuza clan named Oreo. It was almost definitely a fake name but Jake didn't care, every single pusher and gang member off the streets and in prison was one more innocent being spared.

Coming up on Oreo's last known location, Overwatch silently landed in the street next to a clothing store. Sneaking into the store and grabbing a large hoodie and sunglasses, Jake took off his armoured mask and put on the sunglasses and threw the maroon hoodie over his armour plating. Sure it wasn't the best disguise, given that the combat boots and tight Kevlar bodysuit was still showing from the waist down. But there were no obvious weapons visible and the sunglasses protected Jake from being recognised as the rich kid from Gotham. Sneaking back out the back, Jake walked down the alleyway and into a large crowd of people wanting to get into a building. Pushing through the crowd, Jake eventually found Oreo in the dark corner of the street, offering people large calibre pistols and some smaller SMGs like Tec-9s, Skorpions, and even an MP5 clone.

Taking off the sunnies and putting the armoured mask back on, Jake pulled the hood further over his face to try and conceal him for as long as possible. Getting a few meters from Oreo before someone yelled "VIGILANTE!" and all hell broke loose as rounds started flying. But for some reason they weren't coming at Overwatch, rather a figure in dark navy blue with some orange highlights, wielding a sword in one hand and an FN five-seven in the other. Drawing his own weapons, Overwatch revealed himself to the 20 or so Yakuza henchmen as he took them on with his taser and bare hands.